• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chobits Special Edition (again)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:19 am Reply with quote
We know tokyopop wont have the japanese special edition Chobits boxset, but what about the figure. I looked and I looked for chobits figures and all I could find, other than the capsule toys, was this.

It was released with the 7th manga volume (special edition)
Will this be the figure? I don't know...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
radicaledward

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:05 am Reply with quote
We can only hope Smile
Masayume

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:27 am Reply with quote
That's what it was in Japan, but unfortunately we kinda get jipped in that regard.

Chobits always had two releases. A special edition with some little trinket and a normal release. The latter was always cheaper than the former of course, but the extra money never hurt.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:16 am Reply with quote
Dose anyone know if Tokyopop has released anymore information on the special edition? All I have seen so far is one page that is not linked to on their site.
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Actually I e-mailed their question department on the figurine and even asked if it was the figure of Chii leaning on the purple couch.

She/he replyed that that's a good question and she'll/he'll find out, but I never got a reply. it was more than a week ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:45 am Reply with quote
WE GOT AN IMAGE!

The box is hideous compared to the japanese release but the artwork leads to believe the figure will be of Chii and her couch...
animaniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:25 pm Reply with quote
sweet! I look forward to this! thanks a bunch! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:01 pm Reply with quote
*Looks at the images and preorders around 5, 4 for Ebay after 2 months.* I'm going to make a killing . . . Anyhoot, thanks for posting the images and it gives something to look forward to next . . . this month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
radicaledward

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:35 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the updates, I agree with you though the Japanese box was much nicer than this one. But I'm probaly going to have it sitting backwards for the Chi and her couch image is showing. Plus, we all know that the real reason that we are buying the special edition is for the figure Smile

Last edited by radicaledward on Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:13 am Reply with quote
Theres no official word the the figure is but thats my speculations.

If that IS the figure it'll be a great deal because in japan the very limited release cost 2500 yen. That's around 20 dollars when you could buy 5 volumes of the chobits manga for the same price!

All I'm gonna say is. Lets wait for the paintjob before we shout for joy.

Oh and Tokyopop didn't say it was a limited but a special editions so if they all sell they'll probably make some more.

But I gotta say that transparent japanese box was well made. If I knew for sure that the american volumes fit in the japanese box I'd shell out more for it, but I think the japanese graphic novels are thinner than their chubby american relatives.

Oh and was it just my copy or did the 3rd american graphic novel, for chobits of course, have absolutely horrible cover art. Because I've even seen a very large picture of Chii on that lamp post and the quality was great, and big enough to fit on the cover.
LuppyLuptonium

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:42 pm Reply with quote
CHI!!!
animaniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:55 pm Reply with quote
well the figure is certainly great but a box to keep them all in (mangas) is nice great collectors setup I think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1