• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, October 27-November 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ani12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Wow, WataMote was 3rd.
skafreak51

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
ani12 wrote:
Wow, WataMote was 3rd.

Bought it only because the praise ANNcast gave the anime. Figured I'd give the manga a try.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote
AoT wasn't number one! Shocked A pleasant surprise, not that I'm hating on AoT, I was expecting V8 to top the chart.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to my copy of WataMote, I heard of the series for a while but a physical release is just what I need to start something.

TsunaReborn! wrote:
AoT wasn't number one! Shocked A pleasant surprise, not that I'm hating on AoT, I was expecting V8 to top the chart.

I don't pay much attention to charts aside from video games, but I figure that Black Butler did better as it has been anticipated and enjoyed for a number of years (2006 manga, 2008 anime). You can expect Attack on Titan volume... 15 or something to have this kind of power as the anime will be out on DVD here and the second season will be lined up for sure.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:05 am Reply with quote
Maximum Ride quietly riding up?
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
thelastgogeta wrote:
Looking forward to my copy of WataMote, I heard of the series for a while but a physical release is just what I need to start something.

TsunaReborn! wrote:

I don't pay much attention to charts aside from video games, but I figure that Black Butler did better as it has been anticipated and enjoyed for a number of years (2006 manga, 2008 anime). You can expect Attack on Titan volume... 15 or something to have this kind of power as the anime will be out on DVD here and the second season will be lined up for sure.

I would normally agree but with AoT's dominance over the past couple of months I was expecting volume 8 to enter at one. Though as obvious as it sounds it does show the strength of longer running series like Black Butler and your Jump titles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1