• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love Hina Chapter 0

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:56 am Reply with quote
With only one more volume of Love Hina to go, does Tokyopop have plans to translate volume 0 for the US? I know it's a longshot, since it only has sketches and interviews with Akamatsu. But it would be cool to read it in english.
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
With only one more volume of Love Hina to go

Isnt there 2 more to go? I think number 13 is being released on the 12th of this month. And 14 like a month later or something. Here is a link to Tokyopop Love Hina:

http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propertycode=LVH&categorycode=BMG

And i never knew about a Love Hina zero manga book, thats cool though. I hope they bring it here.
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:07 am Reply with quote
Actually I found volume 13 yesterday at my local Border's, so they broke the street date.
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Awsome, I gotta go see if mine have it. Thanks.
spewmuffin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Love Hina Volume 0 is basically an interview with Akamatsu-san over the character designs and the choices he made that influenced how the characters in Love Hina interact, behave, and generally give life to the character.

There's also about twenty some-odd pages of illustrations which are commonly found everywhere in any Love Hina site these days. I have the Chinese version of the book and it's not a manga. By that, there's hardly any pictures, and no story in the traditional sense.

Each main character and a few supporting characters (about five of those) get somewhere between 5 to 20 pages of coverage... and that's the end of the book. It's an interesting read, but it's also a challenge because I only know about 85% of the Chinese words. Rolling Eyes Oh well... I still haven't finished reading it. I'm on page 90 or so.

--
SpewMuffin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:43 am Reply with quote
Sounds good spewmuffin. If tokyopop ever did a boxset for the Love Hina manga, Volume 0 would be a cool extra to throw in. Especially since there is no actual story.
spewmuffin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:41 am Reply with quote
Of course... that would the most painstaking job ever to translate ~200 pages of pure text with little images splashed around. The translators might be working up to 10 times as much as normal manga pages... all for an extra? I highly doubt it. It doesn't make business sense. You can always hope for the best though!

--
SpewMuffin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
billslates

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Really? They're stupid. Hopefully they'll release the much better volume infinite I found. Its about 430-something pages long and was made after the series concluded. The first 250-300 pages are smooth pages with character info, recipes(for food and drink), merchandise data, map of places. The last pages are rough-drafts of characters and pages and are on cheaper paper.

Here's a picture of the cover.

My site
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1