• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
2014 Australian and New Zealand Anime Convention Calendar

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alph4Xerxes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:26 am Reply with quote
Nice to see GAMMA.CON up there, especially considering I'm in the society that funds it Smile
omiya

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:59 am Reply with quote
I only hope that SMASH can give some more detail on musical content ahead of time. 2011 was great except that the queue delay made me miss one of the talks and the low attendance at the Eminence concert.

If any musicians or singers are attending, please let us know what kinds of performance(s) we can expect!
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:50 am Reply with quote
Not that I have any interest in going to such a convention (Despite being a fan of the purest form of love) but I'm not the least bit surprised that the yaoi/yuri convention looks to be mostly yaoi. Contrary to the screams from tumblr and other places when Free was announced that yaoi fans are being oppressed of course.

Haruko Momoi and LOVERIN TAMBURIN were both great last year. I hope SMASH some good acts scheduled for next time.
nargun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote
... animania's still running?
Sydney2K

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:54 am Reply with quote
nargun wrote:
... animania's still running?

Not any more. The final event is March 22, 2014, at the Australian Technology Park at Redfern. ANN don't really like to talk about Animania, except they did mark the convention's passing earlier this week.

Widya Santoso
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1