• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Annoyances with large picture galleries....

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quote
With large pic galleries like the Anime Japan 2014 coverage, is there any way to change the web code so each thumbnail links to its full size image?

This way we can easily open them in a new tab by middle-clicking, instead of clicking a thumbnail to display a small pic version on the main page which scrolls up, then clicking that image to bring up the full size version. Direct links will also help us keep track of what last thumbnail we're looking at. But if ANN would highlight last clicked thumbnail that would be great too.

Alternatively I did remember a recent pic gallery where ANN used a zoom-in method when clicking on thumbnails, where we would click on that zoomed in image for the full size version. That precludes the need for scrolling and helps keep our position in the thumbnail gallery too, though it still requires two steps.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1