• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Atelier Rorona Plus Heads West on PS3, Vita in June

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razisgosu

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
If only TK would treat this series right. Unfortunately they dont. Hopefully the translation will be better than in Escha and Logy.
naninanino

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Good news, I guess, as long as they don't repeat the Ayesha shitstorm. The Arland games would have potential for a new game (prequel with Astrid, Gio, Meruru's dad and Sophie/sofra whatever), but I'll take what I can.
ArmyofDarkness

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
If only TK would treat this series right. Unfortunately they don't. Hopefully the translation will be better than in Escha and Logy.

you say that as if NISA did an amazing job with it, and while I can see how text overflow is a bit of an annoyance, I've seen it in NIS titles too.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
ArmyofDarkness wrote:
razisgosu wrote:
If only TK would treat this series right. Unfortunately they don't. Hopefully the translation will be better than in Escha and Logy.

you say that as if NISA did an amazing job with it, and while I can see how text overflow is a bit of an annoyance, I've seen it in NIS titles too.

Compared to no limited editions, stealth releases, digital only, typos every 30 minutes of gameplay? Yeah I'd say NISA did a fantastic job compared to TK.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
YESSSS! I've been waiting ages for this! xDDD
ArmyofDarkness

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
ArmyofDarkness wrote:
razisgosu wrote:

Compared to no limited editions, stealth releases, digital only, typos every 30 minutes of gameplay? Yeah I'd say NISA did a fantastic job compared to TK.

Limited Editions are a non factor and a waste of money. they only stealth released Totori, and while unfortunate, their Twitter promoted it. As for digital only, it's clear that TK doesn't believe that Vita ports of a niche series can't sell enough copies to be physical. And finally, I saw typos in Ayesha as well and that was done by NISA.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
ArmyofDarkness wrote:
razisgosu wrote:
ArmyofDarkness wrote:
razisgosu wrote:

Limited Editions are a non factor and a waste of money. they only stealth released Totori, and while unfortunate, their Twitter promoted it. As for digital only, it's clear that TK doesn't believe that Vita ports of a niche series can't sell enough copies to be physical. And finally, I saw typos in Ayesha as well and that was done by NISA.

I just recently played through Ayesha and I didn't notice any. In Escha and Logy there were typos, grammatical mistakes, and bad translations constantly. Gonna go kill some slugs anyone? Bottom line is TK is not doing a good job with the Atelier series.
ArmyofDarkness

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:04 pm Reply with quote
well I rather buy from TK than NISA. so the more series NISA loses, the better. but that's just me.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:09 pm Reply with quote
ArmyofDarkness wrote:
well I rather buy from TK than NISA. so the more series NISA loses, the better. but that's just me.

Yes, yes, you hate NISA, we get it.
ArmyofDarkness

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:21 pm Reply with quote
and im sure you gobble down their "creative changes" like it's tiramisu.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
ArmyofDarkness wrote:
and im sure you gobble down their "creative changes" like it's tiramisu.

Not really? They just release good games. I couldn't care less what they release so long as it's good. I buy good games, I don't care who releases them.
ArmyofDarkness

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I can toast to that. They do grab good titles, outside of a few oddballs (did anyone want time and eternity?)
I also wouldn't say I hate them, just disappointed in their handling of Mugen Souls, Fate Paradox and still butt mad over Esty Dee. I don't swear off their titles, just cautious about them.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:19 pm Reply with quote
ArmyofDarkness wrote:
I can toast to that. They do grab good titles, outside of a few oddballs (did anyone want time and eternity?)
I also wouldn't say I hate them, just disappointed in their handling of Mugen Souls, Fate Paradox and still butt mad over Esty Dee. I don't swear off their titles, just cautious about them.

I won't touch Mugen Souls or Z either. Censorship is a no go for me. I like NISA well enough, but the fact they're one of the more pro censorship localization companies does disappoint me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1