• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Crystal 1st Promo Video Streamed

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, there's your animated PV just for further clarification that it is coming! Let's see how this Precure staff can pull this off. Surprised
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Looks pretty nice! I wasn't very fond of the Sailor Moon manga, but I'm looking forward to this!
Veniamin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I am enjoying the backgrounds. It gives off a sense of mystery in which you traditionally see in Shoujo.
deathfromabove1993

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote
It looks gorgeous, so I'm all down for it. I literally cannot wait for it. Very Happy
Setsura1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Can't freaking wait! I LOVE the art! I'm really interested in hearing what the new voices for the Inner Senshi are! My beloved Sailor Mars -///-.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote
they look a lot older then 14 to me...
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Since the article failed to mention this:

Ryo Hirohashi - Luna

Kenji Nojima - Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask

Opening song is called "Moon Pride", ending song is called "Moonbow", both by Momoiro Clover Z (as we already know).
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the animation quality. Nice. I'm kinda so-so on the character designs and theme song so far but definitely looking forward to the show.

Last edited by Stark700 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I, er...didn't think it was going to look "just like Takeuchi's manga!", just because that one was the one promotional image released. Razz

I'm just hoping the Precure director doesn't make the "mythical saga" too earnest and straightforward, as the original series didn't have a sense of its own classic-hood starting out.
Usagi's voice sounds too earnest and heroine-y, as opposed to the cheery optimistic incompetence Junichi Sato could usually put into his characters. For all her buoyant energy, the old Usagi in the first series was still a walking disaster, and here she's more of a Cute Heroine...We got plenty of those.
iatheia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
The art bothers me. The art really bothers me. Their eyes look possessed by Kyubey. There is no life in them, they are utterly static and inhuman. The gestures are overly exaggerated. The backgrounds look flat. The colors palette looks unnatural. I kept holding hope that it would look better animated, but it doesn’t, not really.

On the bright side, voice acting is very good. The fact that they aren’t singing Moonlight Densetsu is also good.

This is is… dunno. I do look forward to it, but I am preparing myself to be disappointed.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Well, now we can see Sailor Moon slicked out by today's animation. Personally, they should have gotten Dynamic Pro to do the animation stuff for the female villains. Hahahaha!! I'm just kidding. Usagi with "can opener" handlebar sideburns or side hair. I guess I feel in that nostalgic mood since I've been watching the old series and when I watch the female villains it takes me back to the days of 'Cutey Honey'. So looking forward to this new series.

May have to sit down and read the manga now. It's summer so why not.
誤称

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, that was deliciously moe. Pretty Cure Sailor Moon is for real, I guess.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
It's kind of disappointing they didn't get Tohru Furuya back as Tuxedo Mask. I mean, he sounds exactly the same now as he did twenty, thirty years ago. Because he's a Newtype.

But the trailer makes me a bit jealous. If only Toei put so much effort into Dragon Ball Kai.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
konqueror

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
they look a lot older then 14 to me...

Welcome to the world of shoujo anime.
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
ehh... okay PV, I guess? :/

at first I wasn't hyped at all, then I started getting interested but the PV just...nope (I really don't like the new character design)

well, it's just two eps a month so I suppose I can handle it even if I end up not liking it....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8