• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The Final Form of Madoka Magica: Rebellion's Homura Gets Its Own Figma

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
D-d-d-d-did you just say, FIGMA?! ... BUYING THIS!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
:\. I'm subscribed to the interest RSS feed for AnimeNewsNetwork and honestly this is the first time I've seen a spoiler in the headlines. I had no idea Homura ever transformed until I saw this on my Feeds. Thank you for ruining the movie
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
from the looks of things she will end up becoming a witch of some sorts. that or some kind of psuedo crossroads between witch and magical girl, hence the black wings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:22 pm Reply with quote
That form seems to exist in that movie solely to advertise this figurine since she completely discards it after only about a couple of minutes.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
:\. I'm subscribed to the interest RSS feed for AnimeNewsNetwork and honestly this is the first time I've seen a spoiler in the headlines. I had no idea Homura ever transformed until I saw this on my Feeds. Thank you for ruining the movie

To be fair, its pretty much impossible to avoid that spoiler when the figure IS her final form. If you remove the spoiler you really can't describe it very well. :/
unitmikey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:01 pm Reply with quote
I don't think seeing her "final form" is really a spoiler, because based off this all you would know is that she gets a new costume under unknown circumstances and implications.

Having seen the movie I personally don't think this gives much away at all...
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Final form is not really a spoiler, because they don't say spoiler["devil" form] or spoiler["evil" form] or anything like that. It just... implies she has a different form. And trust me, "Rebellion" is so open to interpretation that the whole film hasn't been even closed to ruined for you.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quote
I have Ultimate Madoka.... now I want spoiler[Homucifer!] Based on the stand I'm guessing this is by the people who made the Ultimate Madoka figma which is okay but I find it really nimble and hard to attach the extra parts. I'm afraid I'm gonna break the thing if I push too hard so I just let it sit half completed on my desk. I find the Banpresto figures are really sturdy, I like those ones.

Last edited by Yuki_Kun45 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I believe the only accurate name is spoiler[Akuma Homura] the logic of course being how Japan LOVES puns and plays on naming schemes.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:40 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
I believe the only accurate name is spoiler[Akuma Homura] the logic of course being how Japan LOVES puns and plays on naming schemes.

By that logic, spoiler[Homucifer] is just as accurate.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

I am sorry you felt like I ruined the movie for you. I deliberately chose that headline, and that cover image, because it's not a spoiler. Had I called her spoiler[Demon Homura], or showed the figure, it would've been. There was no other way I thought I could mention what the figure was, without completely giving away the ending. I thought about "Rebellion Homura," but those who have seen it know that is very misleading.

If anyone has alternative suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them, as we will likely be writing about her again in the future.

I am really trying to do right by everyone.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry, if you want a smaller version it is of almost certainty the nendoroid version will be announced before the end of the year.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Rightstuf's had this on preorder for over a month now. Luckily, I live in Tokyo.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:30 pm Reply with quote
HyugaHinata wrote:
Rightstuf's had this on preorder for over a month now. Luckily, I live in Tokyo.

No, they've had the statue on pre-order. Only the prototype of the Figma has been shown, and it's a long way off from pre-orders being available.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:36 am Reply with quote
@7jaws7:

That's her official name.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2