• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: MangaNEXT: Del Rey Licenses

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:44 pm Reply with quote
The Chevalier anime is simply amazing, so I'm looking forward to being able to pick up the manga. Kujibiki is a maybe, and the Peach Pit is a must have (I think it's about Rock and Zombies, but I may be mistaken). The other two don't interest me that much.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:53 pm Reply with quote
I'll almost certainly be getting the Kujibiki Unbalance manga. I'd have to hear more about Shugo Chara (there was no entry for it in the encylcopedia) before I made a decision on that one. If anyone could tell the rest of us what its about, it would be much appreciated. The rest don't interest me.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:28 am Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
The Chevalier anime is simply amazing, so I'm looking forward to being able to pick up the manga. Kujibiki is a maybe, and the Peach Pit is a must have (I think it's about Rock and Zombies, but I may be mistaken). The other two don't interest me that much.

I agree Chevalier is amazing....actually I need to do a post on the most recent episode now that I think about it..this is definetly something that I might buy when it reaches the stages...depending the anime lincense.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:34 am Reply with quote
Except for Kujibiki Unbalance, I'd not heard of any of these titles. I'm interested in reading Shugo Chara since I did like Peach-Pit's DearS.
SatsumaPotato

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:29 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I'd have to hear more about Shugo Chara (there was no entry for it in the encylcopedia) before I made a decision on that one. If anyone could tell the rest of us what its about, it would be much appreciated. The rest don't interest me.

Hello,

Here is something:

The story is about a little girl named Amu. She just transferred to Seiyo Academy six months ago, and already there are rumors of how awesome and cool she is.
But that is just Amu’s outside “character,” just an act.
She is actually very shy; just can’t express herself well.
Even though she is secretly in love with the “Prince” of the academy, she can only be rude to him.

The “Prince” is Tadase, one of the “Guardians” of Seiyo Academy.
The Guardians are a group of students chosen by other students to protect the students’ privacy and also protect the students from the strict school rules.

Amu wishes strongly to become a better girl, someone who is more honest with herself.
The next day, she wakes up and finds three eggs in her bed.
Puzzled, she takes them to school and her whole life changes!
First, Tadase and the other Guardians become interested in Amu.
Then she meets a cat-eared boy who is trying to steal her eggs.
And then the eggs hatch, and out pops…guardian characters!

from
http://retail.animegamers.com/component/option,com_jd-wp/Itemid,20/p,34/

Hope that helps.

SatsumaPotato
One Potato Two
linlinchan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:05 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
Kujibiki is a maybe, and the Peach Pit is a must have (I think it's about Rock and Zombies, but I may be mistaken).

The Peach-Pit manga about rock and zombies is Zombie Loan, which hasn't been licensed here yet.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote
linlinchan wrote:

The Peach-Pit manga about rock and zombies is Zombie Loan, which hasn't been licensed here yet.

See, this sounds like a great manga that I would like.

But I don't trust Peach-Pit. I'm sure they made it some cutsey fetish thing that I'll avoid like the plague.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Well, this Shugo Chara seems like the first Shoujo Peach Pit has put out. Seeing as how I love shoujo and Peach Pit (though they REALLY need to lay off the poorly drawn chibi), I'll probably get this.

Also, Peach-pit never ceases to amaze me with their always different art style. No two titles have the same art (the chibi art being an exception).
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:31 am Reply with quote
Ooh, that Chevalier thing looked really cool, from the screencaps I saw. I can't wait to read the manga. Is it true that it follows a different story from the anime?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:44 am Reply with quote
JoshuaStChristopher wrote:
Ooh, that Chevalier thing looked really cool, from the screencaps I saw. I can't wait to read the manga. Is it true that it follows a different story from the anime?

Well the anime only four episode in, (fansubbed) so we really don't know if there are any changes to it.....but either way I am excitied to see how it turns out.
DarkeSword

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Pretty good news. Del Rey is an excellent publisher. I'm a big fan of their localizations, particularly the translation notes they always include in the back of every volume.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1