• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mekakucity Actors Composer JIN Posts Official 'days' Music Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:42 am Reply with quote
Listening to the song gives me feels.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:10 am Reply with quote
This news is a bit old, but JIN also posted the official 'Daze' OP music video before 'Days' ED too.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:12 am Reply with quote
Funimation isn't streaming Mekakucity Actors. The article this one linked to is for Akuma no Riddle, and Soul Eater NOT which were Funimation properties. Mekakucity Actors, like most of Shafts works are streamed by Aniplex.
GiriOni

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:13 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Funimation isn't streaming Mekakucity Actors. The article this one linked to is for Akuma no Riddle, and Soul Eater NOT which were Funimation properties. Mekakucity Actors, like most of Shafts works are streamed by Aniplex.

This.

My right eyebrow shot up about a mile when I read that line about Funi streaming it.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:24 am Reply with quote
This video has been out for days already.

Anyways, it's funny how the animation in this full ED is better than the pretentious nonsense that Shaft has been dishing up.
The whole anime is a complete butchery, with an exception of the OP itself and the post-credits skit with Azami's background story.
Everything else is exposition exposition exposition exposition exposition exposition.
Kreion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:30 am Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:

Anyways, it's funny how the animation in this full ED is better than the pretentious nonsense that Shaft has been dishing up.
The whole anime is a complete butchery, with an exception of the OP itself and the post-credits skit with Azami's background story.
Everything else is exposition exposition exposition exposition exposition exposition.

You're a [expletive] moron if you think that. The anime isn't pretentious, it follows the themes of the songs - if you're calling the anime pretentious then you better go ahead and rethink what you thin of the songs too.

Let's also acknowledge the fact that Jin wrote the damn anime, so there's that to consider when you're calling the entire thing rubbish. Let's be honest here all KagePro is, is exposition. The song's are a series of stories told in short bursts which don't make sense until they are all linked together. The anime does the best job of that it can whilst maintaining the original PV's unique style. There are issues with it, but nothing that makes it as bad as you think it is - I'm assuming you've only read the bloody manga and not the actual source material though.

Finally, let's go ahead and compare the TV ED to the Full ED...oh look the art in the former is obviously better. Don't talk bullshit when any idiot could look it up and prove you wrong.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:11 am Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:

You do have a point about the TV ED. Someone didn't understand who that song was for.

I actually thought Shaft did a pretty good job on Mekakucity Actors. The one thing that I really like is how the anime built Ayano's presence in everybody's mind even though she is not there for most of the anime. The show is very successful at building the same feel you get from listening to the vocaloid songs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1