• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magic Kaito 1412 (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote

Magic Kaito 1412 (TV)

Genres: adventure, comedy, romance, shounen

Plot Summary: Kaito Kuroba, a normal teenage student whose father is often absent. When his father dies under mysterious circumstances, he is made aware of his father's secret identity; a famous international criminal known as International Criminal 1412: the Phantom Thief, and that he was murdered by a mysterious organization for refusing to aid them in retrieving the "Pandora Gem"; a mystical stone said to shed a "tear" during the passing of a particular comet (often called the 'Volley Comet'), the consumption of which bestows immortality.

He vows to prevent the organization from gaining immortality, and assumes his father's identity as he begins his quest for the gem. His only clues as to the gem's location are that it glows red under the full moon and that it is a doublet: a gem hidden within a larger gem. Thus, it would have to be a relatively large one with a bizarre history, and always stored in a place that never receives moonlight. He thus researches and steals famous priceless gems with odd histories from incredibly well-defended areas, and always returns them after the very next full moon.
----------------------------------

I was surprised this got a full TV anime adaptation. I really like the premise and the way it's being set up. Not only that but the main character seems like a mysterious guy that I hope get a lot of characterization.

The cast was recently announced although there are quite a lot of changes. It has an interesting time slot too so I wonder how long this show may run for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Haven't seen Detective Conan yet but decided to give this a try.

Anyways, it was a good episode. It almost reminded me of Kindachi in a way with the whole mystery/detective-like gimmicks. I recently finished reading the manga up to chapter 30 so I'm hoping for a decent adaptation. The spoiler[ED song is sweet also. Kaito was so amusing to watch with his tricks and actions with the episode. Those cards are like magic.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:45 am Reply with quote
Apparently a spoiler[suit made of mirrors is a totally plausible and simple method of looking like you are invisible].

I feel dumber from watching the first episode.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:59 am Reply with quote
The kid is an obvious spoiler[prankster.
Guess he's not that much different from his dad.
Except the truth about his father shocked him.]

He was fast to accept his new career.
It's fine, but not my thing.
Skipping it.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Is this a rerun?

wait, no... first episode.... just telling the exact same story as the specials with very little variance.

I thought this might be some self contained story separate from the overarching story, but nope... so far it's just a rehash..

And in case you didn't know... the last episode of the 12 specials that are being retold here was shown in the last week of 2012.

Not even two years ... but they're remaking it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1