• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2014 - Studio Trigger

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Said Wakabayashi, "Yes, we can do cute girls, too. The next series is going to be all about kawaii." He mentioned later that the series had, "an older sister type, a loli type… we have all of them," adding with a laugh, "the loli one, that's my favorite character."

Quote:
the studio brought visuals from Inferno Cop II, teasing, "if we didn't get positive feedback here, we thought about just tossing it into the garbage."

Quote:
syndicate boss Laomoto Khan (said so-called Agent #2, "He puts sushi on naked girls! He's evil. Very evil!"),

lol, the panel sounded like a lot of fun. Got the same vibe from their tweets and KLK newsletter.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:23 am Reply with quote
Sounds like the studio will just be doing whatever it wants, glad to see they're having fun! Laughing

I feel somewhat bad for Zac who in the kill la Kill podcast basically said"God forbid they [Studio Trigger] do a light novel." I'm sure he knows by now but when I first heard it on a plane ride...yeah...

That said, I'm just curious about what's in this series that would make them want to take a stab at it. Them saying "we can do cute girls too~" doesn't surprise me after looking through a bunch of older art work done by some of the studio's members but unless it really is just a cash grab to give them something to do before their next original work, I like to think there was some reason why they opted to do this series in particular.

As for Ninja Slayer I'm cautiously anticipating it, hearing the director for Inferno cop directing this series didn't really have a positive effect on me initially since...well...it's inferno cop... but that was a web series meant to be stupid while this is an entire work, which may or may not be stupid as well, but only time will tell. I hope we'll be able to see the PV for it soon.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Deathdrain? Dark Ninja? Rampage? Ninja Slayer sounds ridiculously amazing, and I kind of want to read the novels now.

Interesting tidbit about producing completely original stuff versus adaptations. If one thing can be said about Trigger, it's that Kill la Kill, Inferno Cop, Little Witch Academia, Ninja Slayer, and Inou-Battle all seem wildly different from each other, and that's good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1