• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Adds JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Ah nice, definitely getting myself a copy of it soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BlueBitterCoffee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
AHHHHH please TELL ME VIZ IS DUBBING IT ! IT HAS TO BE!
azabaro
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure this announcement just covers the manga, not the anime (so talk of dubbing isn't relevant at the moment).
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:19 pm Reply with quote
From what I saw of Amazon's page yesterday, the description fits the Jojonium editions since they listed the first volume as having color pages & new cover art.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
It feels like a tease for the anime to me, but we'll see what happens. Seems like it's a matter of time at this point, honestly, whether it's set to be announced at Anime Expo or not. The reason the JoJo manga is even making a comeback is because of the exposure the property has been getting from the new animation.
Shankusu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:34 pm Reply with quote
The weakest part of JoJo that I've experienced so far but surely something nice for the Jojo-fans.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Do I smell a chance of the 2012 anime getting licensed...!?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Veniamin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:48 pm Reply with quote
WELCOME TO HISTORY BEING MADE.

YOU ARE ALIVE IN THE RIGHT TIME TO POTENTIALLY SEE ALL PARTS GETTING LICENSED.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Yay confirmation! Very Happy It'd be awesome if all 8 parts were licensed. *Crosses fingers*
No Comment

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Admittedly, it's my second to least favorite part of the 6 that I've read, but you got to start somewhere in terms of the quality of the manga and licensing other parts. If they are looking to license further parts in addition, I sure as hell don't have shelf space for that, but at least buy some volumes from every part.

Super excited, February get here already
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I thought I would never see the Jojo's manga get licensed over here aside from part 3.

So assuming that that $20 price tag is correct, are we getting two/three-in-ones?
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't aware there were a lot of people that didn't really care for the original arc. Weird...I'm currently working my way through the series (almost done with 'Part 5'), and I have to admit, while I'm still loving it, it's just not quite the same as it was in Parts 1 and 2. Parts 3 onward just always seem to have some kind of weird...I dunno. There's something just not quite the same anymore, albeit still a very intriguing series.

Anyway, that's just me venting (though not even that really). Razz I am BEYOND excited for this to finally be coming out here so I can buy them. Really hope the manga follows suit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
I thought I would never see the Jojo's manga get licensed over here aside from part 3.

So assuming that that $20 price tag is correct, are we getting two/three-in-ones?

Looks like it's going to be a port of JoJonium, a premium edition release of the manga in Japan which if I recall is oversized and includes all new cover art as well as color pages. It's also slightly condensed, reducing the five volumes of Phantom Blood to three.
Blue21

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:25 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:

Looks like it's going to be a port of JoJonium, a premium edition release of the manga in Japan which if I recall is oversized and includes all new cover art as well as color pages. It's also slightly condensed, reducing the five volumes of Phantom Blood to three.

Does condensed mean that there are missing chapters?
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Blue21 wrote:
rootsofjustice wrote:

Does condensed mean that there are missing chapters?

Nah, just means more chapters per volume, so that it takes less volumes overall to complete a series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3