• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kantai Collection Anime's 1st Promo Previews Animation

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:36 am Reply with quote
I hope they will play Kantai Suite.
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:50 am Reply with quote
I am not familiar with Kantai Collection, but the what caught my eye was the animation. The battle scene is all CG including the girls and likely the ending scene as the camera rotates around her (with maybe key frames replaced with hand drawn; or CG reference used), but the overall the CG animation has improved a lot.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:05 am Reply with quote
It kinda reminds me of Blue Steel somewhat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:20 am Reply with quote
Okay..I wasn't expecting for them to release a promotional video this soon. It was only yesterday they announce the show. Well the sooner we get an idea of this anime the better. Anyway it was interesting to see them surf their way in the ocean. I know they are suppose to be personified warships, but I didn't consider they would traveling through water like that. The only thing I didn't like is when during the battle it switch from being 2d to cg animation. It look fine as it was when that scene was in 2d, but perhaps this would only be a minor problem in the long run.

I hoping they would be creative with the story considering the concept they are working with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:54 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Yeah, very similar. Cute battleship girls, military stuff and the CG.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:19 am Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
Okay..I wasn't expecting for them to release a promotional video this soon. It was only yesterday they announce the show.

They're announced it in the previous year. What was yesterday is just the real date and stuff.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:24 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Yep. I guess, just judging from this PV, one of the main differences is that the girls in Blue Steel were AI controlling ships and this looks like girls with the..."characteristics" of ships?

Will have to find out about the story for KanColle's anime. Nothing about it so far (which, I admit, is VERY little) has me wanting to check it out for myself.
checarlos87

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:40 am Reply with quote
OK, so the animation in the promos looks pretty good. I just have one question: will Shimakaze be playing a secondary role on this anime or will she star at all in it? I'll still watch this anime if it's as good as this promo promises, but I'll be very disappointed if there's little or no Shimakze. Sad
Samo2222

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote
Now this was a sensational trailer. I never thought this would blend 2D and 3D animation properly. If the series keeps up even half of this quality it'll be a bigger hit than it already will be.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote
Not bad at all, I'll enjoy this for sure. I don't mind the added aliens to the Kancolle universe, the subs like Imuya need to be in this badly since we have shark aliens swimming around and would be easy pickings for them.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:31 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Not bad at all, I'll enjoy this for sure. I don't mind the added aliens to the Kancolle universe, the subs like Imuya need to be in this badly since we have shark aliens swimming around and would be easy pickings for them.

Eh, it's not aliens, it's just the old plain Abyssal Fleet.

The red and white girl is Anchorage Hime (one of the previous event bosses), and the "shark alien" who attacked Fubuki just the I-Class Destroyer, most weak enemy in the game.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:34 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

That is not alien shark. I guess it is Destroyer I-Class (No.525 空母ヲ級). And the red enemy girl is Anchorage Princess (No.540 泊地棲姫). Anchorage Princess is a boss-class enemy.

Last edited by Michael Nathanael T. on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:40 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

Eh, it's not aliens, it's just the old plain Abyssal Fleet.

The red and white girl is Anchorage Hime (one of the previous event bosses), and the "shark alien" who attacked Fubuki just the I-Class Destroyer, most weak enemy in the game.

Well, you can destroy that I-class Destroy in almost one hit with Nagato if her luck level is high. Anchorage Princess is a SUPER THOUGH ENEMY even if you have Nagato in your side. I wish I can get one Anchorage Princess or other enemy bosses (I know it is impossible unless you hack the server or use a cheat).

This is the beautiful Nagato.

Last edited by Michael Nathanael T. on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:52 am; edited 6 times in total
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:41 am Reply with quote
Whoa, this looked way better than I was expecting.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:45 am Reply with quote
Michael Nathanael T. wrote:
It is weak if it is not elite, but in the video it is an ELITE (red eyes means elite). Though you can destroy it in almost one hit if your ship is Nagato and your luck level is high. And Anchorage Princess is a SUPER THOUGH ENEMY even if you have Nagato in your side. I wish I can get one Anchorage Princess or other enemy bosses (I know it is impossible unless you hack the server or use a cheat).

Destroyer shotted by Fubuki wasn't red-eyed, but blue-eyed and without aura - just the simple I-Class.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3