• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sekirei Romantic Comedy Manga to Return on May 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dextres

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I guess this will be interesting to see.

I fell on and off again with the main manga; but I digress, here's to seeing how this story unfolds.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:58 pm Reply with quote
I got to agree with the blurb; It was a battle I also barely understood. "There can be only one. Or two or six. This is all for you, spoiler[my son]. Or not. Why am I doing this? This is all going to plan... The Sekirei plan!" from Dr. Minaka who ran the whole thing but never really fit into the plot...

I can't fault the basic idea, it's when she started to explain/make up the backstory that I ran into problems.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Since the article mentioned his GF, it has to be Musubi. I so want season 3.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:46 am Reply with quote
More Sekirei? If it's good, I'm sure not complaining, but things were basically wrapped up (though there were a couple of loose ends that it would be nice to see them wrap up). Based on the description, maybe it's supposed to cover the time gap that happens between the climax and the epilogue? But given that the series did reach it's climax and that the spoiler[Sekerei Plan is basically over], I have no idea what they'd do with it. Certainly, it seems like it would be lacking in battles now, and that was a major part of the series.

On a side note, the fact that the article called Sekirei a "romantic comedy" confused me and made me think that it must be talking about some side story manga. I guess that I can see why it might be called that, but it really doesn't match what the term "romantic comedy" normally means. I wouldn't have even called it a comedy (though it does have comedic elements sometimes). If you were going to call Sekirei a comedy, you might as well call something like Fullmetal Alchemist a comedy. Neutral
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1