• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Unveils New 3DS Models With More Controls, NFC Support

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:51 am Reply with quote
Do not buy this at all, it's evil, censored web browser, no AC adapter, Nintendo pushing for games to be on the N3DS, everything that could go wrong went wrong and all because Iwata wanted to save his skin. Please retire, this is a good reason why Japan wants people to retire at or around 60, to keep corporate tyranny like this to a minimum. Nintendo screwed over millions of current 3DS owners.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:59 am Reply with quote
How many more time are they going to milk this
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
If it's not region-free then i am still not interested in the 3DS Confused
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
How many more time are they going to milk this

To be honest they finally got the handheld right this time. I only have a 2ds right now so if this does come over I might pick up the regular 3ds model. I don't care how mad people are, not everyone can afford a 250 dollar handheld at launch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
So in other words everyone who was planning to buy a 3ds or 2ds this year better save their money because all of these upcoming games will be unplayable for the current 3ds. Also current 3ds & 2ds owners better scrape to buy a new system for these upcoming games...if the new 3ds makes it to America, if not then it was a major flop over in Japan.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote
Felicity dash wrote:
So in other words everyone who was planning to buy a 3ds or 2ds this year better save their money because all of these upcoming games will be unplayable for the current 3ds. Also current 3ds & 2ds owners better scrape to buy a new system for these upcoming games...if the new 3ds makes it to America, if not then it was a major flop over in Japan.

Pretty much and looking back on my comment i wasn't aware of the full context. So in short
Nintendo=Apple.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Felicity dash wrote:

Pretty much and looking back on my comment i wasn't aware of the full context. So in short
Nintendo=Apple.

Which is worst way Nintendo can go, I can't see the Nintendo fanbase standing for this model for very long, there a huge backlash already to the N3DS.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:44 am Reply with quote
Okay they got the R, RZ, L, LZ right, but still you're not there yet. Dual analogue? Just move the start and select button and there should be plenty of room. I can only play Kid Icarus for so long before my hand hurts.

(Update) So that little thing is the dual analogue... kind of a strange place to put it. Not sure how that'll actually work, but eh.

Last edited by Kurohei on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Banjo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
PSVita is enough for me Cool
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
The big question is will these controls and features be required for future games? If they just add small bonuses that don't really affect the game then it's not a big deal.

But if it is required to play new games, then they've messed up...
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I already ranted on this in the video games forum, so I'll just repost my rant from there:

Quote:
So, with the announcement of the "New Nintendo 3DS" (they really need a better name for it), they also announced that Xenoblade 3DS will be unplayable on older 3DS systems, and that there is "no guarantee" that other new games will work on them, either (as far as I've seen, the only unreleased games that will definitely work are the new Pokemon games, probably because they'd have rioting if they wouldn't work on a system that won't even be released in the West before the games).

I get that it's supposed to be more powerful than the original, and they want to do things with the more powerful processor. But this is being compared to the GB>GBC transition, and, from what I'm seeing from Nintendo, this isn't the case.

With the GB>GBC transition, there was a significant, visible change to the system. The GBC could display colors. Additionally, there was an extended transition period, where games were released for the GB, but were "enhanced" on the GBC. Even looking just at Pokemon games; Pokemon Yellow was the first Pokemon game to be enhanced for the GBC. It came out in 1998 (1999 in the US). Pokemon Puzzle Challenge was the first GBC-only Pokemon game. It came out in 2000 (same for US). That was 2 years (1 in the US) where most (if not all) games were compatible for both systems (the first main Pokemon game that was GBC-only was Crystal, which came out 3 months later in Japan, and 6 months later in the US).

With the 3DS>New 3DS transition, they've already announced a game that's not compatible, and the way the "no guarantees" is sounding, is that they're leaving it up to developers/publishers to decide if they even want to make it 3DS compatible. This means that, suddenly, the original 3DS could be an outdated system, with no new games on it. There's never been, to my knowledge, and at least in recent generations, a period where new hardware completely replaces the older system, with no new games coming out for it.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty pissed at this.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure I understand the hostility. Isn't this just a 3Ds with the Circle Pad Pro, which added a second stick and two shoulder buttons, built in? Fans have been asking for an integrated version of that for years.

-Stuart Smith
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
I'm not sure I understand the hostility. Isn't this just a 3Ds with the Circle Pad Pro, which added a second stick and two shoulder buttons, built in? Fans have been asking for an integrated version of that for years.

-Stuart Smith

Yes we were asking for the control upgrades integrated into the 3DS, but the internal overhaul, nobody asked for. The outrage is over everything else.
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:

-Stuart Smith

People wanted the improved controls but a cpu improvement(that's intended to be used for games) means there will be games not compatible with the original 3ds'. that's the problem people have with this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Wait hang on, so future 3DS games wont be compatible with my current 3DS XL?? What the hell?? It's like saying future PS4 games won't work on the current PS4 once the slim version comes out.....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4