• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Disgaea 5 Unveiled for PS4 Next Spring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:17 am Reply with quote
Yay for Disgaea 5, but... I don't want to buy a PS4... At the moment the only real games I care about for it are this, MGS5, and Final Fantasy XV, which isn't enough to justify dropping so much, especially when everything is unreleased.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:57 am Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
Yay for Disgaea 5, but... I don't want to buy a PS4... At the moment the only real games I care about for it are this, MGS5, and Final Fantasy XV, which isn't enough to justify dropping so much, especially when everything is unreleased.
This was how it was for me as well. Then they announced MGS5 was coming to PC, and Square Enix as been gauging interest in a PC version of XV. Usually a 6 month delay on Disgaea titles when coming to the US so I'd expect probably late 2015 or 2016 for US release...hopefully PS4 has a price drop by then. I see no reason to spend 400 dollars on such a weak console with so few exclusives.
Mune

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The franchise spawned four console mothership titles, the spin-off Mukai Kingdom, and the PSP Prinny hack-and-slash games.

Makai Kingdom?

Plus, the company is fairly tight in content from one title to another. Stories are intertwined sometimes from several games. Characters are introduced to several games like Zetta and Asagi, with the same personalities and back story and spawn all the way back to the PS1 game Rhapsody (Marjoly and Myao), which predate Disgaea.

But, please let this be the game where Asagi is finally the main character.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait. Smile
Jajanken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
We need Laharl back.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if it will have a vita port? I understand D3 and D4 being ported to vita since they were ps3 games, but could a vita handle a ps4 game. Then again, I doubt D5 will have anything revolutionary, it will probably be the same as the previous games only on ps4
Zero Gravity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
-strokes his Day 1 PS4-
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:38 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:

You must have missed the other ten articles or so about games coming to the ps4 including dragon quest, Ys, and Persona 5. Also with exclusives Bloodborne and Order set to drop in early 2015. And you also get to play improved versions of Metro, Diablo III, and Last of Us.

In addition the 400 dollar price tag is probably one of the cheapest launch prices ever, but at least since the ps2 era. I want to say even the ps2 and xbox were around 500. (Also don't bring up the Wii or Wii U, because both system were a generation behind when they came out, which was the reason they could be priced so cheaply)

So honestly you just sound like you are crying about spilled grapes.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Makai Kingdom was so good. I bought Disgaea 4 and then D2 and have yet to play them. Still brand new. So D5 can simmer for me.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:21 pm Reply with quote
This needs a PS3 release! periode! due to the lack of major system usage by any Disgaea game!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually surprised that they're keeping the franchise going. Notice how the cape looks like a 5.
Lavnovice9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
You must have missed the other ten articles or so about games coming to the ps4 including dragon quest, Ys, and Persona 5. Also with exclusives Bloodborne and Order set to drop in early 2015. And you also get to play improved versions of Metro, Diablo III, and Last of Us.

In addition the 400 dollar price tag is probably one of the cheapest launch prices ever, but at least since the ps2 era. I want to say even the ps2 and xbox were around 500. (Also don't bring up the Wii or Wii U, because both system were a generation behind when they came out, which was the reason they could be priced so cheaply)

So honestly you just sound like you are crying about spilled grapes.

Not everyone cares about American games. That's why I haven't picked one up yet. Now that it's getting RPGs and action games I plan to pick one up
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1