• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Please change the image for Aldnoha.Zero ep 10 review, major spoiler

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Could you please change the image for the Aldnoha.Zero episode 10 review? It's a major spoiler only a few hours after the episode went live on Crunchyroll showing the survival of a character that was assumed killed in a cliffhanger at the end up episode 9.

I'm pretty disappointed in the choice to use this image as it spoiled the episode for me and I'm sure others who saw it before watching the episode. Please be careful about this in the future as most of us don't read the reviews until after watching the episode and no amount of spoiler warnings in the review will prevent us from being spoiled when the biggest spoiler is sitting right on the front page for all to see.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:08 am Reply with quote
Wow. No shit, that was a major screw-up. I changed it to a generic image.

BTW that spoiled me too Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:23 am Reply with quote
Thanks, Dan, you're the best.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote
How do the screenshots get chosen? Is it submitted along with the review? Culled by random from the episode?

If it's the former, then I'd say a guideline should be added to the reviewers' submission rules, requiring screenshots to be non-spoilers.

If it's the latter, then the potential for spoilers is high for every show, and I'd suggest getting a standard image to use for each show and using the same image for every episode review of that show.

In this case, I was spoiled by this thread (I use a no-images format, because I also view the site on my 3DS), but I'd already figured that spoiler[she wasn't dead], since there's nothing to gain, narrative-wise, by spoiler[having her die] here, in my experience with Urobuchi series (whether directly written by, or just him having laid out the story).
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I'll tell the writers to be more careful about that.

I don't watch Aldnoah.Zero. No way for me to know it was a spoiler. I don't have time to watch every show and I have to trust my writers not to submit images that aren't spoilers.

They'll be reminded that images should be benign when it comes to this sort of thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1