• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lord Marksman and Vanadis (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote

Lord Marksman and Vanadis (TV)

Genres: adventure, fantasy, romance
Producers: Satelight

Based off of the light novel of the same name.

Plot Summary: Set in Western Europe during times of war, Eleanor "Ellen" Vertalia, one of the Vanadis of Zhcted, leads the battle into Brune. There are, in fact, seven Vanadis, named for having each received a powerful weapon from the dragon to individually reign over seven territories. The power of the Vanadis invokes dread and fear from their enemies. An earl in the service of the country of Brune, a young archer by the name of Tigre, experienced the Vandis's power firsthand after being defeated on the battlefield by Ellen. However, Ellen chose to spare his life after witnessing his skills, but in exchange, he is asked to serve her.
----------------------------------

This was announced last Summer but is now confirmed to air this Fall. Based off the LN of the same name, I’m expecting this show to adapt the characters right with decent amount of action. The series is pretty straightforward with a war-like setting in a fantasy world. There’s no animated PV yet but there’s a lot of light novel volumes, enough for a 2 cour which I’m hoping will be so.

Also somewhat noticeable is that Satelight is involved with this show and Log Horizon this season.

[EDIT: Thread title changed to conform to official English title. - Key]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Oh so this is airing this fall? Great news and ill definitely be looking forward to the fall season now. Easily my favorite LN so I've been excited for this since it was announced. Hopefully its adapted well.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:25 am Reply with quote
Well the first episode was rushed. spoiler[I can't even say I'm surprised after seeing that OP song. At this rate, I am assuming all the major players of the series will make their appearances sometimes during this season.]

The OP song is fairly good though and action was fluid. Tigre is also not a wimp so there should be no complaints there. As expected, there'sspoiler[ fan service so get used to that. Titta is annoying as I had thought even after seeing her in the PV.] Oh well, might get used to it. I just hope this will be adapted faithfully for at least the most important parts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 am Reply with quote
I liked the first episode enough to warrant a few more episodes. I hope this is decent because I can't remember the last good fantasy I watched. The OP song is pretty good. Konomi Suzuki's songs are usually always good. I still find it hard to believe she did Choir Jail when she was only 15 years old.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
I like the archer guy.
Also like the way characters were done.
I strayed into the ecchi & harem land wishing it would be just fantasy.
Wishful thinking on my part..
It's not hard to predict where the story is going.
Still, for those whole like this genre, it should be enjoyable.
Skipping it.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
I think that's my favorite walking-in-on-her-naked response ever.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode1

Well so far I am interested in his skill as an archer, it was enjoyable but I can't say anything stood out too strongly yet. Actually I like the setting, small things like eating and washing have me a little interested that perhaps there will be other focuses on details. Maybe so far I think a little of MAOYU.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I like it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Me too. Looks like it'll be a fun fantasy title.
Plasmaeclipse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:08 am Reply with quote
If the series can keep up it's current direction I think It'll end up being a nice fantasy romp just like Chaika was. I really like how subdued the series is with its drama and fanservice, well except maybe for Tigre's reaction to the prince's "death" (based on the one second you see him I am predicting that the Prince is actually a Princess and she will be coming back as a harem member).
kgw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I like the spoiler["I fell for you in the battlefield... nah, it's a joke. You are too good an archer to let you go" idea].

But the battle seemed to end too quickly. "Oh, and I killed your prince".

Last edited by kgw on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I liked the first episode. Tigre is pretty cool and Ellen is powerful but still very friendly and charming. Definitely some one you'd want to serve.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I've heard that the manga and LN really oversize the breasts of the female characters but the anime seems to put them at a fair size. Me likey. Laughing The fanservice is so delicious, too; the flaunting of the breasts and leg crossing. I really like this so far.

"Juggle up, juggle up, jiggity jiggity juggle up.
Yum, yum, yum, yummy titties, titties in my tummy yum."

My fascination for the boobies in this show aside, the animation and colors are really pleasing. Like everybody else, I'm not quite a fan of the CGI horses although when they are hand drawn, they're quite good looking. The world's quite interesting, too, but to hell with that. The women are more interesting.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:
A decent episode especially since I think it got across the message of the violence and war well.

We don't learn much about the other Vspoiler[anadis yet but we do know a little more about Ellen's power. Anyways, it should be interesting to see Tigre with his new bow in battle next time]. I hope they won't be doing too many flashbacks so I await the PV until then.
Plasmaeclipse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:24 pm Reply with quote
This episode was pretty decent. I think I liked the stuff with between the Zchted forced and Tigre better than the invasion itself though. The different ideas Lim and Elen had on what Tigre would do to win her over did nicely to inform their characters. Lim is stone faced and serious so obviously she figured he'd take the most practical approach and use his best skills to his advantage. Elen is much more self assured and confident and figures he'd buckle over and give into her demands to protect his hometown. I also liked that Tigre was rather emotional about the situation and only started to act more logically after Elen forced him to stop and think. It made him feel a little fallable and less like a perfect logical badass. Again it does well to inform the characters Tigre is part of a small land and naturally would feel very personally about his people because he should know them intimately. Elen is an experienced war general and lord who clearly stands above them so it's natural she would get less riled up about the news.

The invasion itself though was rolling in cliche's. The entire thing just felt like the writer "see look at how corrupt and evil these nobles are". spoiler[And of course the scene where the guy tried to rape Titta was gratuitous. That said the director wisely chose not to linger on it or play it up with fanservicey camera angles. I just felt kind of obligated to point it out after how many times this cliche has been pulled out these past couple weeks.] It isn't gratuitous enough to be anger inducing just kinda groan worthy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8