• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Durarara!! Relay PS Vita Game's Promo Previews Gameplay, Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeMachina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:08 am Reply with quote
More ps3 anime games.Less PS vita games.Besides the console failed on sales so much compared to Asian market
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
AnimeMachina wrote:
More ps3 anime games.Less PS vita games.Besides the console failed on sales so much compared to Asian market

As opposed to the smash hit PS3 that lost Sony billions of dollars? Rolling Eyes

The reason this game is on Vita is simple: PS3 software sales have been in decline for a while now. Vita isn't PSP or 3DS, but it is growing in Asia. For projects that only target that market, it makes sense to go exclusive with it.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
This gameplay reminds me of P4, which is awesome
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
AnimeMachina wrote:

As opposed to the smash hit PS3 that lost Sony billions of dollars? Rolling Eyes

Every console puts the manufacturer initially in a big hole for years, but Sony's PS3 division already got to black in 2010.

Primus wrote:

The reason this game is on Vita is simple: PS3 software sales have been in decline for a while now. Vita isn't PSP or 3DS, but it is growing in Asia. For projects that only target that market, it makes sense to go exclusive with it.

Plus it's cheaper to develop games for handhelds than home consoles. Most J-game developers aren't big studios that could afford large budgets.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote
That Yoshida quote is in reference to Sony's razor strategy where they sell hardware below manufacturing/distribution costs in order to increase the userbase and sell software. That just means that as of 2010, Sony were no longer losing money on each PS3 sold. He doesn't say Sony has recouped their initial R&D investment or losses incurred when they were losing money on each unit sold.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1