• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Australia's Madman Ent. Adds Mushishi: The Next Chapter on DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jajanken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:35 am Reply with quote
Hope for the west??? And hopefully a special edition that comes with that uber rare minifigure from Japan only?
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Funi will do the English dub.
Ovan~the~Rebirth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
trunkschan90 wrote:
I wonder if Funi will do the English dub.

Well seeing as they aren't even streaming the series I highly doubt it. Best bet its Sentai and I hope to dear god they have gotten Travis Willingham to reprise his role as Ginko. Watching the subs of season 2 have kept me wishing that a dub will some day come to fruition. Sucks its most likely a Sentai dub, but beggers can't be choosers. Can't wait to hear more news!
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:20 am Reply with quote
Aniplex has this show, so if it's dubbed, it will likely be done in LA. Since Travis Willingham does most of his work there now, there shouldn't be any trouble getting him to revise the roll.
maxhate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Aniplex has this show, so if it's dubbed, it will likely be done in LA. Since Travis Willingham does most of his work there now, there shouldn't be any trouble getting him to revise the roll.

I'm also hoping the main cast from the first series reprise their roles. They did an amazing job then and I'm sure they can do it again.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Well, if we get dicked over per usual, at least there's a viable import alternative. I need to seriously load up on some Madman stuff.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
There's been an error in that the January date is for the streaming release via Anime Lab. Clearly it is going to be released on DVD since they have a listing and everything (although it it no longer visible), but no in January.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1