• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
3rd Kuroko's Basketball Anime Slated to Premiere on January 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:50 am Reply with quote
rant
I still don't quite understand the logic (or lack there-of) of announcing the timeslot in a more-than-24 hours format. 26:58 A.M.? Seriously, why not just write it as 02:58? It's the same thing, and easier to understand.
/rant

Just under 3 months to go, whoo!
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:57 am Reply with quote
Yes! More Esper Basketball starting January!! There's always Slam Dunk for classic and (almost) realistic basketball actions; and kuroko for over-the-top and engaging basketball drama is definitely a nice addition to my anime-viewing experience.

Hmmm...now that I think of it, Production IG (Wit Studio included) has two shows in 2015 winter season (Kuroko S3 and Rolling Girls) and one movie (Psycho-Pass the movie), one upcoming show (for now) in 2015 (Seraph) I sure hope they can get more shows in 2015.
bigivel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:08 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
rant
I still don't quite understand the logic (or lack there-of) of announcing the timeslot in a more-than-24 hours format. 26:58 A.M.? Seriously, why not just write it as 02:58? It's the same thing, and easier to understand.
/rant

No is not! The day changes! By saying 26.58 A.M they are saying that is in that day at night, 10th January, 2 hours and 58 minutes after midnight! If they put 2:58 A.M they have to indicate the next day, 11th January.

In the end is just a matter of convention and easiness of understanding.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:46 am Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:
rant
/rant

No is not! The day changes! By saying 26.58 A.M they are saying that is in that day at night, 10th January, 2 hours and 58 minutes after midnight! If they put 2:58 A.M they have to indicate the next day, 11th January.

If you'll write a date as Jan. 10th, 26:58 A.M., or Jan 11th, 02:58 A.M., which one is more easily understandable and comprehensible?
bigivel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:37 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
bigivel wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:
rant
/rant

If you'll write a date as Jan. 10th, 26:58 A.M., or Jan 11th, 02:58 A.M., which one is more easily understandable and comprehensible?

The Jan. 10th 26:58 A.M! Why? Because with that I know that it will be the night of Jan. 10th. Instead of somewhere in the next day.
Note that majority of people perceive next day as after their night sleep. Here the objective of night anime is that you prolong your day and sleep later.
Taking that majority of people wakes up around 6 A.M, that is the time where they change the day.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 am Reply with quote
I find the time listed to work out just fine imo since Japan's ahead of most places in the West so it's easy to adapt and adjust. As for the third season, I really hope to see a PV soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BakaRocka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
"NO!" *Punches through computer screen*
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
Sweet cant wait to watch the 3rd season
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The fan disc will also have a digest version of the talk show at the Hirakata Park ~Kiseki no Tenjikai~ (Exhibition of Miracles) event, as well as six character music videos, the second season ending alternating part gallery, the clean opening and ending sequences, ver. 0 of the first-cours opening.

Maybe I'm the only that cares, but the BDs were missing the creditless OP and ED and I was wondering if they would be included in some future release. There's some fantastic animation in the OP for study or for AMVs. I suppose saving it for the fandisc provides an extra incentive to buy it.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
So it's January 2015!

Joining with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure,Tokyo Ghoul,Aldnoah.Zero and Assassination Classroom, WINter season is going to be a blast!! \(Anime exclamation)/
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote
DRRR and KnB both for Jan? Sweet!!
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Is this the final season? Because spoiler[there are only two big arcs left at this point, right? The middle-school arc and the final game? I know there are a few games before then but they are like the length of two episodes each.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1