• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Please Save My Earth Sequel Manga Ends, But New Sequel Is Set for March

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
Ok. This sounds good. But why are they relaunching if no new readers will stick around after Vol. 1 ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Ok. This sounds good. But why are they relaunching if no new readers will stick around after Vol. 1 ?

I don't understand why you think that when there are currently 35 vol. from the first 2 series.

For me, a popular series can happen when it has at least 10+ vol.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
I am rereading Boku wo Tsutsumu Tsuki no Hikari right now. It is incomprehensible to new readers in my eyes. How are they supposed to get series 3 ? My oppinion on renumbering is this. Just don´t. Give it the same name + subtitiles or name it volume 3 with the same name. Please Save My Earth isn´t a series where you can jump in and leave whenever after all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
unitmikey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking that they split up series like this (ie sequel to a sequel) to get people to pay more attention as opposed to just saying there will be a new chapter. It also reminds readers who might be getting worn out by the length that things are going to change up a little.

Anyway, still praying that we get a tv series eventually, but at this point I don't even know.
lys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I don't see the "new sequel" as necessarily trying to draw in new readers, but to designate it as a new storyline and not a direct continuation of the previous one. Probably a time skip, maybe a new generation of characters? I don't know much beyond the beginning of Boku o Tsutsumu Tsuki no Hikari, so I can't guess at where things leave off, but hopefully there would be some sort of resolution to the current story, and I think that is nice for readers, to give a sense of completion even as the big-picture story continues longer.
ajr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I've been meaning to jump onto this series; I'll have to keep an eye out for a good e-manga sale so I can pick up a few volumes of both Please Save My Earth and Twin Spica.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I read Please save my Heart and I'm currently reading the sequel that, even if not as good as the first manga in my opinion, it's quite enjoyable anyway (I especially appreciate the fact that the narration is shown from both the adult and children characters).
That said, I'll surely read the third series, too. Smile

By the way, I hope too they will make an animated series, especially based on the first manga.
This, and one faithful adaptation for Fruits Basket, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:

By the way, I hope too they will make an animated series, especially based on the first manga.

They don't make those kind of anime anymore, alas.
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:09 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Sariachan wrote:

They don't make those kind of anime anymore, alas.

Hey, Sailor Moon got a remake and they're pretty similar plot-wise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1