• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Denpa Kyōshi - He Is a Ultimate Teacher Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:17 am Reply with quote
Finally. A TV adaptation. I knew this would get one someday. It was just a matter of time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:33 am Reply with quote
YEEESSSSS~! The day has finally come. I have been waiting for this one for a long time.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:49 am Reply with quote
I just hope they get far enough to introduce a decent amount of the cast, that's my only worry for this, but besides that, YEEEESS!!! Very Happy
Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:01 am Reply with quote
Huh, I'm somewhat surprised by this. I was expecting an anime earlier, but after Part 1 ended 2 months ago I started thinking '****, what's there to promote now'.
CycloneSP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:06 am Reply with quote
I just hope they get a different voice actor for kagami junichiro. The one from the commercial just doesn't do him justice.

When I read the manga, I always imagine him sounding like kenshin.
Setsura1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:48 am Reply with quote
YESSS!!! Its finally here boys and girls!!!!
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:41 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
However, after graduating college, [...] assigns Kagami to his new life as a teacher.

That moment when you glad just to see a synopsis about a high-school teacher, rather than a student for once.

I can't say I'm surprised, given how well it sold nearly from volume 1. I like Daisuke Ono, but he sounds too old for a genius-just-out-of-his-teens character.
moonshine101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I read this because it is very similar to TWGOK and knew it would eventually get an anime. If it was in April that would make the next season one of the best with all the awesome anime.
Shory

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:06 pm Reply with quote
CycloneSP wrote:
I just hope they get a different voice actor for kagami junichiro. The one from the commercial just doesn't do him justice.

When I read the manga, I always imagine him sounding like kenshin.

I feel like this fits him just right. He knows how to sound both like an idiot and like a cool guy when the time calls for it.
Sinbad96

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Surprised they took so long, should've happened when the manga was decent. Now the whole thing is repetitive nonsense.
Tsuki Tsuki, I patiently await the day.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I don't particularly agree with the TWGOK comparison (though my experience with TWGOK is limited to seasons 1 and 2 of the anime). Instead, I think that Denpa Kyoushi is, at its core, basically a series using the Great Teacher Onizuka base template with three key changes in character creation.

1. While Onizuka dumped his Intelligence and poured points into his Strength and Constitution, Kagami did the opposite; bottom out his Str and Con, pump up Int as high as possible, with maybe a bit going into his Wisdom as well. They're both rather observant dudes.

2. Personality-wise, where Onizuka is half otaku/half desperate-to-be-rid-of-his-virginity, Kagami puts the points that would've gone towards romantic interest/lust and instead into being an otaku.

3. Perk/feat-wise, Onizuka opted for 'upon encountering setback, gain superhuman tenacity'. Kagami instead went for 'keikaku doori'/'just as planned'.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:57 pm Reply with quote
So, an otaku (to use the term) becomes a teacher? With the image that otaku are socially challenged, this sounds like it would be awkward for him.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Damn it, I don't know what's with that art style and animation, but it got me hooked. Can't wait to see this now. Smile
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:23 am Reply with quote
oh shit this got animated? i thought it was such a small time manga that i gave up any hopes of it being animated. My biggest worry is how much episodes theyll get out of this, theres alot of characters and content i highly doubt they can animate everything in one season

but damn this has been one of the funniest mangas I've ever read i cant wait to see it in action
Darstorm-Sandude

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I glad this is getting animated, but I don't like Kisaki Tenjōin voice based on the CMs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2