• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Wave of Digimon Figures Heading Towards Nostalgic Fans' Pocketbooks

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildcat17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I accept those on my birthday, thanks!
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I've already got requests to buy Digivices for my sons, who are all young adults now. I won't be surprised if I get some figure requests too.

Mark Gosdin
taster of pork

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Well, there goes the rest of my Christmas money. Would be really helpful if the site was in english.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Actually, figures for Taichi, Yamato, Takeru, and Hikari have also been announced. And though there's been no formal announcement, it sure would be weird if Sora and Joe were left out.

Also also, there have been glances of a PicoDevimon model at a hobby expo, but no formal announcement there, either.
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Actually, figures for Taichi, Yamato, Takeru, and Hikari have also been announced. And though there's been no formal announcement, it sure would be weird if Sora and Joe were left out.

Also also, there have been glances of a PicoDevimon model at a hobby expo, but no formal announcement there, either.
Actually, there has been:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/269739 and http://myfigurecollection.net/item/269705.
The announcement for the final four came a few months ago at an event. The picodevimon is included with Takeru http://myfigurecollection.net/item/237935 If anyone is interested what they all look like together: http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/hIE1417229510.jpeg
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh, this is pretty cool. The show was pure cheese (but I continue to enjoy the Mamoru Hosoda directed movies to this day), but this would be pretty neat to get. I'm more of a plush person though, and Digimon plushes are hard to come by!
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if these are just exclusive to Bandai's site? Tai, Matt, TK and Kari were available on other sites (AmiAmi, HLJ, etc) but I haven't found a listing for Mimi (or Izzy)

Mimi's always been my favorite, so I really want that figure, but I can't shop on Bandai's site without a Japanese buying service...
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:22 pm Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:
Does anyone know if these are just exclusive to Bandai's site? Tai, Matt, TK and Kari were available on other sites (AmiAmi, HLJ, etc) but I haven't found a listing for Mimi (or Izzy)

Mimi's always been my favorite, so I really want that figure, but I can't shop on Bandai's site without a Japanese buying service...

Yeah Mimi and Koushiro are Japanese exusives to 2 websites which need services...

I need these figures but not wanting to use a middleman, worried that something might screw up (I've heard stories). Wish there was an easier way to get them Sad Some of the nicest figures I've ever seen.
Yugi12

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:02 am Reply with quote
Meh. Rather have Digimon Tamers figures since Tamers is way better then Adventures. Evil or Very Mad
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:48 am Reply with quote
$49 for a 3-inch figure? That's utterly horrible. Those new Digivices are insanely expensive as well. They are really gonna try and suck the cash out of folks. Not me though!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:02 am Reply with quote
NateSelwyn25 wrote:
$49 for a 3-inch figure? That's utterly horrible. Those new Digivices are insanely expensive as well. They are really gonna try and suck the cash out of folks. Not me though!

The thing is that this is such a common business practice (charging a lot for something small) that I don't think a lot of Japanese companies really want to bother making it cheaper.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:18 am Reply with quote
I won't lie those are some really nice figurines. The crafting job is really good.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, you never know....the final product may be much lower in quality than those prototypes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1