• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
3rd Assassination Classroom Episode's Fuji TV Airing Delayed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:11 am Reply with quote
So they don't just assault the countries,kidnapping and selling captured women as slaves, raping young girls,beheading hostages,commiting genocide and every single rules and laws of the world but they also ruining of all things: the anime which barely aired 2 episodes.

I'm at lost in my words. Dear God,why?
Mhora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:18 am Reply with quote
I think we'll survive. If you think about it, just a little, others might not in this case. It'll come out later, or at least on DVD/blu-ray.
John Thacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
The Islamic State members are responsible for all those other things you listed, but I would put the responsibility for delaying or canceling the anime on Fuji TV (and anyone who pressured them to do so.) As your post notes, there are equally or even worse things done by these terrorists or others all the time-- just not to Japanese citizens. This isn't that surprising given other anime episode delays or cancellations when things got too close to real world crimes (nor would something similar be surprising in most countries), but it is typically parochial.
Lovely

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:28 am Reply with quote
Yeaaaaaaah, .... I have my doubts that the kidnapping has anything to do with this show being delayed. I mean, if it does, that's just stupid. I mean, this show doesn't really have anything to do with kidnappings/executions....

Manga spoiler to like chapter... 100.
spoiler[I mean, yeah, they're trying to "assinate" Koro-sensei, but it's not like it actually happens.]

EDIT- Aaaaaah, never mind, I'm dumb. It's probably less to do with the shows content, and more to do with them wanting to keep the deadline time slot open for news announcements, I get it now.

And yeah, I can totally get the logic there.

Last edited by Lovely on Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Samo2222

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
UPDATE: According to Yomiuri Shimbun, Fuji TV's Public Relation Section confirms the reason of the
cancellation is a scene that a character is swinging a knife to kill a monster in the episode. - Crunchyroll

Fuji TV should have given the real reason, especially with what's already been shown in the series. Hope things turn out for the best for those affected.
Lovely

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:37 am Reply with quote
Ugh. By that logic, all anime in general should be stopped.

Yeah. Okay, so, though it's not true, I'm gonna pretend to keep believeing my "to keep the networks open to news updates" theory because that internally makes more sense to me.
Zaydgh123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:44 am Reply with quote
I'm a muslim and I just want you to not hate on muslims please Very Happy

ISIS are some disgusting terrorists, pretending to be muslims, killing innocent people in Syria and raping womens, and keeping them as slaves.

So if you want to hate someone please get your hate towards the ISIS.
not towards the muslims.

Thank you
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:50 am Reply with quote
ZaYDgH123 wrote:
I'm a muslim and I just want you to not hate on muslims please Very Happy

ISIS are some disgusting terrorists, pretending to be muslims, killing innocent people in Syria and raping womens, and keeping them as slaves.

So if you want to hate someone please get your hate towards the ISIS.
not towards the muslims.

Thank you

This.

I' m not a Muslim, but this, so much.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:22 am Reply with quote
Stop bowing down to monsters Japan, these are not Muslims but a barbaric death cult that thinks they are Muslims, no actual Muslims think Japan are "infidels" or even care about the country in general.
Arklight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:23 am Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
So they don't just assault the countries,kidnapping and selling captured women as slaves, raping young girls,beheading hostages,commiting genocide and every single rules and laws of the world but they also ruining of all things: the anime which barely aired 2 episodes.

I'm at lost in my words. Dear God,why?

ISIS disrupts even an anime, for Christ's sake!! If I got powers, I would fly at Mach 20 and rescue those hostage and subdue those ISIS and announce the whole world saying, "If someone dares to interrupt an anime airing, I'm gonna beat you to a bloody pulp!!! *Finger Crack*"
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:39 am Reply with quote
Karma will definitely have a lot of attempts in the next episode, easily the most interesting ones since the reckless NagiTera grenade attempt at the end of the first episode but it seems more than a little loose to respond in such a way.

Ah well, we'll get to see it at another point even if this is Fuji TV's first call. Hopefully there is a good solution for the two hostages.

Quote:
Ugh. By that logic, all anime in general should be stopped.

The issue is the timeliness of the episode, even if it isn't deliberate if there is a murder by a school girl (School Days), Tsunami (One Piece has a character with quake/tsunami powers who aired without issue by a few weeks but the Unlimited Cruise SP video game's promotional material not so much), a stabbing (One Piece had a Thriller Bark episode initially censored) or kidnapped individuals with knives used to threaten them (this) shortly before the anime, game or whatever happens. The parties may decide to adjust their work, avoid showing it for now or cancel it.

TV Tropes has a page all about this and even another page devoted to 9/11 examples: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TooSoon

Quote:
I just want you to not hate on muslims please

Take it easy. Anyone rational isn't going to blame or hate on a lot of people for what a few people who claim to use the same label do.

Anyone irrational would be a lot harder to win back over with posts like yours or phoenixalia's.

EDIT: Included TV Tropes link.

Last edited by thelastgogeta on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zaydgh123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:51 am Reply with quote
thelastgogeta wrote:
Quote:
I just want you to not hate on muslims please

Take it easy. Anyone rational isn't going to blame or hate on a lot of people for what a few people who claim to use the same label do.

Anyone irrational would be a lot harder to win back over with posts like yours or phoenixalia's.

I just wanted to state that, nothing else.
Since there are some fans who can get a little bit salty about this.
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:16 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Stop bowing down to monsters Japan, these are not Muslims but a barbaric death cult that thinks they are Muslims, no actual Muslims think Japan are "infidels" or even care about the country in general.

Talking about "Japan" as if it were a single entity is as misguided as treating "Muslims" as a undifferentiated group. In terms of "Japan's" resolve, I'll just observe that the Japanese Government did not pay the ransom for the two guys held by IS.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:34 am Reply with quote
First they take Archer's spy business, now they take our anime. What's next ISIS? The next Avatar series?

Seriously though, I really hope for the best to those two held hostages, that nothing serious happens to them in the next coming hour.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
That absurd, the manga started publication on July, 2012. ISIS began their (self-proclaimed) Caliphate on June 29th, 2014. If anything, ISIS' actions were timed to Ansatsu Kyōshitsu's episode, for all I know.
Bad coincidence? Yes. Enough to warrant delaying the episode? In my opinion, no. Do the Japanese population (note: not the broadcasting stations and/or the government and its bodies) feel similarly or differently to my opinion? Don't know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3