• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood Blockade Battlefront Gets New Character, Bump of Chicken Song

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pikopika

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:03 am Reply with quote
I wonder how this series will turn out too!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:03 am Reply with quote
I don't remember much about the manga since I've only read about 4 chapter but it'll be interesting to see what her role will be. Wonder if this series will also go with an anime original route also..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:19 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I don't remember much about the manga since I've only read about 4 chapter but it'll be interesting to see what her role will be. Wonder if this series will also go with an anime original route also..

It's BONES so anime original route is pretty much a given
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:33 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Gosick, Zetsuen no Tempest, and Soul Eater NOT didn't go original routes. But, I feel like this might be similar to what they did with Noragami. Follow the manga until it gets to a point where the amount of episodes remaining isn't enough to cover the whole arc that is starting and then having an original episode or two so that they don't get ahead of the manga if the series warrants a second season.
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:39 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Divineking wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Gosick, Zetsuen no Tempest, and Soul Eater NOT didn't go original routes. But, I feel like this might be similar to what they did with Noragami. Follow the manga until it gets to a point where the amount of episodes remaining isn't enough to cover the whole arc that is starting and then having an original episode or two so that they don't get ahead of the manga if the series warrants a second season.

In the instances you mentioned, the source material already wrapped up/ended around the same time. Generally, Noragami non withstanding they just go anime-original if it isn't and the staff for this is good enough that I'd kinda prefer it go that way. I guess we'll see what happens
pandoraking

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:08 am Reply with quote
Bump of Chicken will perform the opening. is this a dream?!!! god this spring will be so fckin great in terms of songs and adaptations. im really happy
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:34 am Reply with quote
White's description wrote:
who is a mysterious and beautiful girl that appears before Leo.

A former Childhood Friend, maybe? Fits with the common "mysterious and good-looking" trope.

Last edited by Hameyadea on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:43 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Divineking wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

In the instances you mentioned, the source material already wrapped up/ended around the same time. Generally, Noragami non withstanding they just go anime-original if it isn't and the staff for this is good enough that I'd kinda prefer it go that way. I guess we'll see what happens

Bones generally go 2 different routes...one if the source material is not ended they would go original route but if the story is nearly complete they would finish it completely...and bones adapts series that are more close to the end when it comes to source material..

blood blockade has been around for 09 and already 9 volume shave been released so i think it is safe to say there is high chance that the series will end soon just before or after the anime airs .... so there is a chance it will end the same as the manga...but if not than yeah it is safe it will go anime original...

we have to see....the one thing bones does right is that even if its anime original it still can manage to finish the story well than most other studios so we will see Smile
As3ann

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:53 am Reply with quote
A lot of gintama seiyuu there...hope they don't get bored seeing each other so often for recording LOL ;p
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:58 am Reply with quote
Hurrrr... Hope BONES won't mess up this one... BONES are really good at opening episodes but they get messy at the middle parts...
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:21 am Reply with quote
I'll admit I've managed to ignore every other mention of this new show so far but the inclusion of an OP from Bump of Chicken definitely got my attention. Premise & character designs look promising so I'll probably check it out come April.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Rie Kugimiya AND BUMP OF CHICKEN. I'm sold already. BUMP generally only agrees to do things songs for things they actually like. And they have amazing taste.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
A former Childhood Friend, maybe? Fits with the common "mysterious and good-looking" trope.

Such a trope could fal Doesn't classify as being a femma fatale?
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Damn it, not another one-line-eye character, and it's even the main character this time. It seems Brock's brother somehow made it into this show. Not thrilled Sad
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
If a company got Johnny Yong Bosch to be in the (possible) English dub, that'd make sense since this is from the creator of Trigun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2