• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Meiji-Era Ace Attorney Game to Bundle Sherlock Briefcase

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HikaruSniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:23 am Reply with quote
Looks really nice Very Happy
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:29 am Reply with quote
Did Phoenix's ancestor ever come over to NA? (Nintendo or iOS?)
I remember hearing about the spinoff but never seeing it--Just coming to the end of Dual Destinies, and facing objection-withdrawal. Very Happy
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:01 am Reply with quote
Damn you, Nintendo and region locking. Even if this game comes out over here, I guarantee that Capcom will not put out any Limited Edition. They never do for AA.

EricJ2 wrote:
Did Phoenix's ancestor ever come over to NA? (Nintendo or iOS?)
I remember hearing about the spinoff but never seeing it--Just coming to the end of Dual Destinies, and facing objection-withdrawal. Very Happy

Sorry to disappoint, but this game hasn't been confirmed for Western release yet. I'm currently playing Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney and enjoying it a ton. After that, I'll have played all the games from both series.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:36 am Reply with quote
I'm only on the iOS games and skipped over the Wright Investigations series, so can anyone fill in on what happened between the original Trilogy and Dual Destinies?

All of a sudden, Phoenix is returning to law after some extended leave of absence, there's a girl magician with cookies in her "magic panties", the Wright firm is now the Wright Anything Agency, and there's no sign of Maya...
Did I, erm, miss something? Shocked
MangaRocks!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:20 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:

Actually, yes-- you missed this. Apollo Justice is the fourth main AA game (Dual Destinies is the fifth).

Also, the 2 Investigations games are really good, so you should play them, too. Smile
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Misaki Kuno is on a roll, that makes 3 games that she's voicing this year that I know of (2 that I want which includes this game and Luminous Arc Infinity in August).
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:29 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
I'm only on the iOS games and skipped over the Wright Investigations series, so can anyone fill in on what happened between the original Trilogy and Dual Destinies?

All of a sudden, Phoenix is returning to law after some extended leave of absence, there's a girl magician with cookies in her "magic panties", the Wright firm is now the Wright Anything Agency, and there's no sign of Maya...

Man, why would you do that? It's like skipping ahead chapters in a book. Go back and play Apollo Justice and the Investigations games. They're well worth it.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:56 pm Reply with quote
MetalUpa1014 wrote:
Man, why would you do that? It's like skipping ahead chapters in a book. Go back and play Apollo Justice and the Investigations games. They're well worth it.

I'd love to, as soon as Capcom brings them to iOS! Surprised
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully the Sherlock factor will increase the likelihood of this making its way to the west. With all the various iterations of Sherlock managing to do fairly well, hopefully Capcom will see that as a selling point.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:16 am Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
MetalUpa1014 wrote:

I'd love to, as soon as Capcom brings them to iOS! Surprised

I highly doubt that's going to happen. Do yourself a favor and buy a 3DS if you don't have one already. With the amount of amazing games available on that system, it's nothing short of a good investment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1