• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Rumiko Takahashi's RIN-NE Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brett-Butler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote
It doesn't look like Crunchyroll UK's getting this series then. It's a shame, I wasn't too impressed with Crunchyroll's simulcast selection for the last cour (the only series I watched were carried over from the previous one), and so far there's only been one series this year on CR that I intend to simulcast, and that's a 3 minute show. Hopefully there will be a few more of interest for this season, otherwise, with deep regret, I might have to stop my premium membership.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Finally, the series got picked-up Smile
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I was scared this was going to be ignored like Nnt.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Somer: Considering the success of Inu Yasha, there was no way that was going to happen. I'm just surprised Viz didn't pick it up themselves for streaming.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:40 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Somer: Considering the success of Inu Yasha, there was no way that was going to happen. I'm just surprised Viz didn't pick it up themselves for streaming.

Considering that the publisher listed is ShoPro, it is possibly a shared simulcast. Viz can reach Canada through CR(which is a step up from Hulu).
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Really surprised to see CR picking this up. I thought Viz Media would pick up the anime adaptation (although it could happen in the future).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pangea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:12 pm Reply with quote
How nice.. Only America and some others get to watch this. Im so glad I live in europe and pay for premium crunchyroll. Way to go encouraging piracy.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the streaming areas, this is probably a Sentai show, though I suppose it's possible that Viz could have it as well. I can't recall the streaming areas for the few shows they've shared with CR, but usually English speaking markets and either Latin or South America means Sentai has the show. I imagine we will probably hear one way or the other soon. It's at least nice that this season isn't as lopsided as the last one. Perhaps Sentai saved funds to pay for Parasyte. Laughing
kgw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:21 am Reply with quote
I am suprised by its no-release in Europe. Since it's Rumiko Takahashi, and her works are also published here, I cannot think that CR ignored this market, but maybe other companies got a better deal.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:35 am Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
I am suprised by its no-release in Europe. Since it's Rumiko Takahashi, and her works are also published here, I cannot think that CR ignored this market, but maybe other companies got a better deal.

Viz Europe probably have it. I don't know who releases Viz stuff in Spain, but it's *shudders* Kaze here in the UK, which pretty much guarantees a terrible or non existent release. Thank the gods for proxy servers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1