• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Act A Fool

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PetitePuff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Poor Stan Crying or Very sad I'd hate to have to sell off my anime and games for any reason Sad
myskaros

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
PetitePuff wrote:
Poor Stan Crying or Very sad I'd hate to have to sell off my anime and games for any reason Sad

Agreed. Currently, my parents' house halfway across the country is holding all the stuff I couldn't bring with me when I moved Wink eventually I'll get it all over here, but my living situation is still in flux so I'm hauling hundreds of books and anime and games with me whenever I move :X
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
At some point I should become a reviewer for the main site because not only did I like Nobunaga The Fool but currently it stands as the best anime of the current decade.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Is this a Zombie is fantastic, the Dub is really good, wish they'd make a 3rd season...for more dancing of course
omiya

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Is this a Zombie is fantastic, the Dub is really good, wish they'd make a 3rd season...for more dancing of course

These songs are great also:

Ma・ka・se・te Tonight / Iori Nomizu (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OP)
***Passionate / Iori Nomizu (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OP)

and also:

Fool the World / Minori Chihara (Nobunaga the Fool OP)
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
At some point I should become a reviewer for the main site because not only did I like Nobunaga The Fool but currently it stands as the best anime of the current decade.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... wait, are you serious? Man, I need that clip from Futurama with Bender laughing. Nobunaga the fool is one of the worst mecha shows ever, right behind Argevollen and that abysmal one with the samurai mecha and the cat-girl. That one was so bad I can't even remember the name. The one that had almost zero animation... It aired in the same season as The Fool.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Nobunaga the fool is one of the worst mecha shows ever, right behind Argevollen and that abysmal one with the samurai mecha and the cat-girl. That one was so bad I can't even remember the name. The one that had almost zero animation... It aired in the same season as The Fool.

I am assuming you are talking about Dai-Shogun: Great Revolution. And I disagree with you about Argevollen. It is a generic show, but I think it does some good things that make it at least a Decent anime.
unready

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Gabriella wrote:
Twenty years after the smash hit Vision of Escaflowne, Shoji Kawamori has decided to tell that story again… only nowhere near as good.

I think the reason Escaflowne was good was the changes Kazuki Akane made to it, like removing the fan service and making the heroine serious and intelligent, rather than an airhead with basketball-sized breasts (imagine something more like Divergence Eve). By the time Sunrise started actual producion of episodes, Kawamori had already left the project.
jroa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote
unready wrote:
I think the reason Escaflowne was good was the changes Kazuki Akane made to it, like removing the fan service and making the heroine serious and intelligent, rather than an airhead with basketball-sized breasts (imagine something more like Divergence Eve). By the time Sunrise started actual producion of episodes, Kawamori had already left the project.

You're correct about Kazuki Akane bringing a lot of ideas into the mix, but Kawamori never left. He worked on Escaflowne all the way through.

Which is why you might be confusing him with Yasuhiro Imagawa, who was replaced by Akane in the director's seat and would have probably made a good TV show even without those extra shoujo-oriented changes that make it special.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I can't call Nobunaga The Fool terrible.

Well, I can. Nobunaga the Fool was a terrible mess with a stupid plot, bland characters and mediocre animation. There was only three things thatI liked about the series (OP&ED aside): Caesar, Sugita's voice acting as Da Vinci and Mitsuhide's suffering (sorry, it was way too funny) - the rest was awful.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I know I watched DTB 2nd season... I just don't remember anything about it, just that Hei was looking for spoiler[water spirit girl] or something along those line. I don't remember it being terrible, just very unimpressive.

Captain earth has lots going for it, unfortunately it has so much going against it. I actually liked the main character, which is excitedly rare for mech show. Usually I like the bad guys and find the MC very boring and/or annoying, but here's it's the opposite with the antagonist being alternatively boring and annoying. But ultimately what killed it for me was how slow it was, with almost a monster of the week setting. The fight weren't particularly good either.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Captain Earth, the show ANN went gaga for in the preview guide but which no-one remembers because it was so disappointing. Face it folks, the BONES of today is not the BONES it used to be.

KutovoiAnton wrote:
Quote:
I can't call Nobunaga The Fool terrible.

Well, I can. Nobunaga the Fool was a terrible mess with a stupid plot, bland characters and mediocre animation. There was only three things thatI liked about the series (OP&ED aside): Caesar, Sugita's voice acting as Da Vinci and Mitsuhide's suffering (sorry, it was way too funny) - the rest was awful.

Hah, that was precisely what I was going to say. I only watched a couple of episodes but it was readily apparent that it was a crap show.
AholePony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I agree with angelmcazeres.

Nobunaga the Fool was horrible or sub par in most places you can rate an anime (direction, script, art, voice acting, etc.). Very very few redeeming qualities for me. I hope Gabriella spares herself the torture of watching the second half. I stuck with it hoping it might get more interesting or so much worse it would be funny.... But it never did Sad

Argevollen looked pretty bad visually but it had some unique plot points so it deserves a tiny bit of credit... It still wasn't very good.

...and Fuuun Ishin Dai ⭐ Shogun was bad but somehow managed to be better than hyakka ryouran, which is something? I guess Smile
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Face it folks, the BONES of today is not the BONES it used to be.

If you are strictly talking about original works, I am inclined to agree with you. But in terms of adaptations, to me Bones has done nice work with Blast of Tempest, Noragami, Chaika and Blood Blockade Battlefront.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
It is a generic show, but I think it does some good things that make it at least a Decent anime.

Perhaps it's a decent anime, but IMO, as a mecha anime, it's a total failure.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2