• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ Otome Visual Novel Gets Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:38 am Reply with quote
Hmm, since Norn9 is the TV anime, is Code Realize going to be an OVA aka like Jyuuza Engi? I hope not. From what I've heard, Code Realize is better than Norn9. Question
danpmss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:53 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Hmm, since Norn9 is the TV anime, is Code Realize going to be an OVA aka like Jyuuza Engi? I hope not. From what I've heard, Code Realize is better than Norn9. Question

Both will be adapted as anime, I guess.

In any case, Norn9 is has 3 main chars, a bland one and 2 awesome ones (still not nearly as good as Code:Realize), but its execution and general plot are pretty messy and dull, and sometimes just goes in full pretentious mode with the themes and elements (bad structured as a whole).
The character development of the guys also just wasn't that good (your "good" old wish-fullfilment plot), so it felt like those retarded harem/reverse harem series in the end.

Code:Realize however is one of the few legitimately good otomege out there, and I'm happy it's gaining attention right now.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:12 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:

In any case, Norn9 is has 3 main chars, a bland one and 2 awesome ones (still not nearly as good as Code:Realize), but its execution and general plot are pretty messy and dull, and sometimes just goes in full pretentious mode with the themes and elements (bad structured as a whole).
The character development of the guys also just wasn't that good (your "good" old wish-fullfilment plot), so it felt like those retarded harem/reverse harem series in the end.

Code:Realize however is one of the few legitimately good otomege out there, and I'm happy it's gaining attention right now.

I agree with you. A lot were disappointed with Norn9. Which is why I'm really hoping Code:Realize gets a full TV anime and not some OVA.
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Oh. My. GOODNESS!

Here is to hoping for an actual anime season of this and also so they don't skimp out on the manly VA!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH MORE OTOME PLEASE!!! Twisted Evil
Hahalollawl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:

Really? Well for someone (me) who doesn't know much about these two adaptations and little about Otomege in general, Norn9 seems more interesting to me from what I've seen. Maybe I prefer having 3 girls with 3 guys each rather than one girl with 5 guys (5:1 seems like a very reverse harem/wish fulfillment kind of ratio...). Although I suppose I'll try not to judge too much as Yona was pretty enjoyable and had 5 guys and 1 girl.

Also, I might be somewhat biased...Asami Seto is one of my favorite seiyuu and if yanaginagi does the music...
TooLazyToComeUpWithaName

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I'm all for more otome anime! Let's hope they actually animate one of the routes instead of leaving it open ended like most otome adaptations.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to guess that it will be a TV anime adaptation. I'm not a fan of otome games but the premise or at least the setting of it sounds somewhat interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:25 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I'm going to guess that it will be a TV anime adaptation. I'm not a fan of otome games but the premise or at least the setting of it sounds somewhat interesting.

Well, this may actually catch my interest. As for it being aimed at women, Utena and Cardcaptor Sakura are favourites of mine, and they're shoujo. Plus I loved Ao Haru Ride.
manapear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Yay~! I was hoping for this recently, especially with the popularity of Uta*Pri. I can't wait to watch, and also to play the game this Fall. ♥
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1