• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Utawarerumono: The False Faces (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:56 pm Reply with quote

Utawarerumono: The False Faces (TV)

Genres: Adventure, Fantasy
Themes:

Plot Summary: The nameless protagonist awakens to find himself standing in the middle of a vast, snowy plain he doesn't recognize. Suffering from amnesia, he remembers nothing about himself. Suddenly, he's attacked by an insect-like creature but is saved by a beautiful girl with animal ears and a tail named Kuon. She names him Haku.
----------------------------------

You can see the PV here.

I really enjoyed Utawareromono, so I'm pretty excited about this one. Very Happy
It'd be awesome if the characters from the original show appear, at least as cameos!
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I've seen the original Utawarerumono awhile ago so not sure what I'll think of this. Looks nice though some parts but I still think the game promos looks better.

Hoping for the best...

Edit: finished the first episode.

It was alright. They world fiction looks resourceful and Kuon is a cute girl. I hope we learn more about her and the civilization, society, and other stuff going on around in the show. The comedy felt somewhat repetitive imo but I think I can get used to it. Off to a decent start.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Well I am not familiar with the first series, and I currently am not planning on being. The first episode was alright, I have seen more extreme catgirls so I don't mind the way it is so far. Kind of the feeling so far is that Haku is like a modern day city guy, so he is out of place with just the manual labour thing. Interesting that she takes some looks at him, might be a bit of interesting addition to a character, would like some insight into her thoughts.

Overall I am interested so far.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:20 am Reply with quote
Having Keiji Fujiwara voice the young male lead is going to take some getting used to. I suppose Haku isn't that young, but still.

I vaugely remember what happened in the first series. Mostly the main points. Are we going to have to spoiler tag information from that series?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
I've watched the original from 2006 so decided to give this a try.
Seems similar, but like an alternate version of the original.
According to ANN it's related to the original, but not a sequel.
Bath time was LOL
Kuon seems nice enough ^^
Haku is just lazy...
This looks interesting enough.
Might give it a try.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I vaugely remember what happened in the first series. Mostly the main points. Are we going to have to spoiler tag information from that series?

Might be a good idea, since this is a separate thread and talking about it would already give away some plot points in this one (especially since it's not 100% clear if this is a prequel or sequel). Couldn't hurt.

I don't think I ever really fully understood the original series anyway. Even though I've seen it twice. And own it. Smile I'm interested to see if this helps clarify it at all for me. If not, it still looks like it will be enjoyable by itself.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:27 am Reply with quote
Didn't think I needed a sequel, but I was wrong. It's nice to be back in the post apocalyptic world.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:47 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Kind of the feeling so far is that Haku is like a modern day city guy, so he is out of place with just the manual labour thing. .

I think he is coming off as just pretty lazy. He seems nice enough but it isn't very attractive for him to be so useless and dependent on Kuon. She sure is nice to him.

It would be nice to have an explanation as to why she spoiler[happened to be in that cave to rescue him.] Odd place to be.

Her tail while she was peeking: lol.
xyz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I really like the first series and the first ep was enough to draw me in but this one feels boring so far. I don't like the main childish lazy boy. I vant to the other Haku back, the mature intellect.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Watched this so long ago. She smiles like a K-on character and I recall the protagonist being the opposite of lazy. Isn't this anime where they showed Kuon pregnant? Or was it her sister? Can't unsee.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:09 am Reply with quote
In the OP, is that a baby's hand (or foot?) floating in the air above that partridge looking bird? Shocked
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

A little surprised he took so long to tell them he had a run in with a particularly large bug in the area recently. That they could recreate the same circumstances was likely. Our main character, Haku, really is not the muscle of the group, the heroine surprisingly seems to have part of that, but he does have his part.

Took me by surprise when that silly dance actually did something. I am actually enjoying this.
luffyouforevergraysama

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting for another good fantasy-style anime with a sweepingly wide universe and charming characters. I liked the first incarnation of this series, and Kuon is all kinds of special, in my book.

In particular, I love seeing the tidbits of the culture of this world, like the money-counting and the food they eat.

(...)

Also, that hidden calisthenics scene! What kind of sound effect was THAT. lol. I nearly died laughing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

Kokopo is awesome. Even though she may be a cute bird, she is also someone not to mess with. Those thieves picked the wrong fight during this week's episode~

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Yeah, don't mess with Kokopo. Good for Haku that he made friends with her.

Interesting, Rurutie seems to have a dog like tail instead of a cat one like Kuon. A bit ironic for Kuon to tell off Haku for possibly peeking when we saw what she did earlier. He dealt with the situation like a boss by simply not reacting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6