• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Persona 4 the Golden Animation Sub.Blu-Ray 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:31 am Reply with quote
I guess it doesn't stack up to P4 the Animation. I'd still buy it to add to my collection. But I'm sorry I'm not paying $60 for half of the series. Now scratch that two parts of an entire series.
DisneyLM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:31 am Reply with quote
They Milk the Games, and I still see why they don't Dub this one. It's all about the Milk. Get to dubbing!! Anime hyper
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:33 am Reply with quote
This would have been such a nice package for P4 fans if it was a single set with all the episodes and with a dub. I would get it in a heartbeat.

However paying $160+ for 12 episodes that are all subbed is just too much even for a big persona fan like myself. It's a shame really considering this week we also got the Collector's Edition of the regular P4 anime that has double the episodes of this show, all dubbed, in a equally nice packaging, and for basically the price of one of these Aniplex sets.
danpmss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
"...woefully incomplete narrative does not fit into the previous Persona 4 anime"

It actually fits quite a lot. The episode Marie "disappear" from their memories is a perfect connection with the first adaptation, and it was handled quite brilliantly (second opening started to play and all).

It makes perfect sense in the context, and legitimates this as a "Sequel" to "P4 the Animation".
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
I'd pick this up if it was a decent price, but considering I just got the entire first series for the price of one of these, I'll be holding off. I hope in a year or two we can see a reasonable price for the complete series.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:22 am Reply with quote
The game costs less to buy and has more content and value than this cash in crappy adaptation. Aniplex really needs to get a grip with their pricing already.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:26 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I'd pick this up if it was a decent price, but considering I just got the entire first series for the price of one of these, I'll be holding off. I hope in a year or two we can see a reasonable price for the complete series.

Not going to happen. Aniplex does not release complete series at the lower price.* They only care about collectors that can afford their bloated prices. They don't care about the casual or intermediate anime fans.

*before anyone says Baccano!, Funimation already released the series on DVD before Aniplex got the Blu-Ray rights (I don't even know how that happened.)
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
Covnam wrote:

Not going to happen. Aniplex does not release complete series at the lower price.* They only care about collectors that can afford their bloated prices. They don't care about the casual or intermediate anime fans.

*before anyone says Baccano!, Funimation already released the series on DVD before Aniplex got the Blu-Ray rights (I don't even know how that happened.)

They haven't yet, but things can always change.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1