• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Danganronpa 3 -The End of Kibōgamine Gakuen- Anime Green-Lit

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:58 am Reply with quote
More Danganronpa? I hope it will be better than the first season adaptation...

This announcement seemed kinda surprising though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:03 am Reply with quote
Seiji Kishi is a decent director, no doubt; but his overly-direct style (too close from original source does not equate to "faithful") can backfire on him when comes to game adaptations.

That being said...since it's an all-new original sequel to an existing adaptation; and Seiji Kishi is hit-or-miss on original projects, I will give him the benefit of doubt and hope he can pull off a winner.

Also, I hope they can stop saying hope/kibou like a mandatory phase that needs to get out in every minute. A few times in an episode is fine, anything more than that is pushing a bit

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:25 am; edited 4 times in total
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:03 am Reply with quote
YES!!!!! I continued to hope more there would be another Danganronpa anime and our prayers have been answered.

Skipping 2? Oh well.

KYOKO!!!!!!!!!!
irfanf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:11 am Reply with quote
in case no one here noticed, this is probably NOT an adaptation of New Danganronpa V3.
more info here http://www.danganronpa.com/2016/
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:13 am Reply with quote
YESSSSSSS! More Lerche!!!! And Seiji Kishi? MORE YESSSSSSS!
I admit I've been hypnotised by Lerche this year, all there anime this year are in my top 10 of the year. but idc tbh...... IT'S MORE LERCHE!!!!!! Haven't seen DANGANRANPO 1, heard it was only okay. but as time has proven, okay to most ends up being great to me. guess we will see.

(btw just in case people think I've a shit taste in story telling. I look at more animation and presentation and "does it actually work" more than the story.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:14 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Please no Seiji Kishi. He is a decent director, no doubt; but his overly-direct style (too close from original source does not equate to "faithful") can backfire on him when comes to game adaptations.

Well, rejoice, then, as this isn't actually an adaptation! It's a different story. I think this is a really good idea - since I've heard the danganronpa anime didn't work well at all, it makes a lot of sense to put an original story to animation instead.

I'm only a moderate danganronpa fan, but this is definitely exciting.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:32 am Reply with quote
So will this be an continuation to te first season because this sounds like as if they gonna skip smth in between anyway the anime wasnt that bad tho iam surprised this gonna get 2nd season since i heard 1st season didn't go well and we obviously got tons of other much better animes out there that need 2nd seasons... =/
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:32 am Reply with quote
ok im a little bit confused but is this supposed to be an entirely new series thats simply borrowing elements from the game cause the characters on that poster look rather... different from the anime and first game especially makoto he actually looks determined. In that case its a bit of a letdown since everyone familar with the series already knows who's the 'true' mastermind unless they decide to change things up entirely.

all in all if they can put a new spin on this i'm all for it. sadly i'd personally see danganronpa 2 animated since i like hajime/spoiler[Izuru] as a main character more but whatever. if they can hopefully give makoto a backbone transplant and please dont let spoiler[Sayaka ]be the first to die or die at all.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:45 am Reply with quote
It is still on my plan to watch list....but i knew this would get a sequel anime eventually....it was quite well received and quite a huge seller in japan...and trust me it is really..and i mean Really hard for a game adapted series to be both successful and well received...most end up down the drain anyway.

Looking forward to it.
Aster Selene

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:42 am Reply with quote
Basically:

-"New Danganronpa V3" is a new game that (purportedly) has nothing to do with Hope's Peak Academy setting - i.e. is plotwise unconnected to the previous entries, and is a Danganronpa game in the sense that it has a similar system and rehashes core concepts like Monokuma, killing game, etc.

-"Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy" is a sequel anime meant to wrap up the current plot of the games released thus far (as the plot has gotten to the point where it wouldn't work well wrapping it up with a main-series game). It is not an adaptation of any game whatsoever. (They were blatantly trolling for an adaptation of the second game, but it's beside the point.) It's an original story, penned by Kodaka (not a spin-off, an actual series entry), that's simply - in an odd shift in media - ending the games' current plotline, allowing the new games to go in a different direction.

Therefore, the Hope's Peak Academy universe would be:
* Danganronpa (game) -> adapted to Danganronpa 1-cour anime.
* Danganronpa 2 (game) -> no adaptation.
* Danganronpa Another Episode (game) -> no adaptation.
* Danganronpa 3 (anime)
* Side novels

Whereas the new universe would be:
* New Danganronpa V3 (game) -> no adaptation (yet?).
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:49 am Reply with quote
DanganRonpa... 3? So, they're skipping the second game? Oh, that's not awesome, the second game had a really crazy plot. But adult survivors of the Hope Academy incident - it looks sweet.

Oh, with the all cast returnin - they're dropped out of the way the Seiji Kishi partner for the majority of works - Uezu Makoto, the writer of the first season script - and that's kinda good news, but the change for Norimitsu Kaihou (who surrendered to the scrap even adaptation of the his own manga, Gakkou Gurashi)... not good.
#Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:32 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
DanganRonpa... 3? So, they're skipping the second game? Oh, that's not awesome, the second game had a really crazy plot. But adult survivors of the Hope Academy incident - it looks sweet.

Oh, with the all cast returnin - they're dropped out of the way the Seiji Kishi partner for the majority of works - Uezu Makoto, the writer of the first season script - and that's kinda good news, but the change for Norimitsu Kaihou (who surrendered to the scrap even adaptation of the his own manga, Gakkou Gurashi)... not good.

As far as I understand this Anime announcement, they will end the story of both dr1 and sdr2 with this anime and it's played directly after the events of sdr2. This also means that there is a very likely chance for the characters of the sdr2 to make their appearance, which means they have to reference their story in order for things to make sense.
It's not bad and I'm more interested to see what happens after the events anyway.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:23 am Reply with quote
I wonder if I will have to know much about the 2nd game in order to know what is going on in this new anime. Still, I'm happy there is another season.

Enjoyed the first season well enough, and felt that the ending of it was rather flat. So, I'm happy to see a sequel is being made.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:35 am Reply with quote
#Sandy wrote:
As far as I understand this Anime announcement, they will end the story of both dr1 and sdr2 with this anime and it's played directly after the events of sdr2. This also means that there is a very likely chance for the characters of the sdr2 to make their appearance, which means they have to reference their story in order for things to make sense.
It's not bad and I'm more interested to see what happens after the events anyway.

It's sure will played after the SDR2 - cause in SDR2 spoiler[Naegi appeared in the end of the game as the part of the plot], and he wasn't really an adult there.
navycherub

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:03 am Reply with quote
It is really unfortunate that, without an adaptation of Super Dangan Ronpa 2, this will by nature spoil that game, because it is even better than the first one in just about every way and deserves its own time in the sun. I am cautiously excited about the prospect of an original Dangan Ronpa anime though. I'm glad there is a real plan to end this story (even if they plan on making more games with another story), and as others have pointed out, a more straightforward medium like an anime is probably more appropriate than another video game in the same vein as the previous two.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3