• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: School Battle Anime Hundred's Main Staff, Cast, April Premiere Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah. I'm watching this. MC looks like a few other MC's I've seen before. Wink
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
On top of that, as soon as he enters the school, he is challenged to a duel by the "Queen" (the school's most powerful Slayer) Claire Harvey.

Sounds like something that we have this season.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:53 pm Reply with quote
I forgot that this, well, Infinite Stratos with a stronger focus on sci-fi was even coming out. I got bored of the novels pretty quickly, but I'd definitely be willing to check out the anime. Maybe it'll work a lot better in animated form!

Spotlesseden wrote:
Sounds like something that we have this season.

While you are completely on point about that, she's ironically not the main girl of the series. So progressive for this genre isn't it Anime hyper
McMillan&Wife

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
oh boy, a battle harem.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Okay I don't think Hundred is the greatest thing, but I feel I have to come to the defense of this genre. Yes these light novels share similar elements but even those that seem to be really similar are quite different. The problem is that the setup in a lot of these works is similar and they usually don't get enough episodes to start differentiating themselves.

I will make an example, granted its exaggerated, but its to emphaize my point, Lets say aliens came to earth and all they saw was the first word of every book, chances are that something like "the" would appear in the majority of books, and every book to them would seem the same. But if you only give these shows 10-12 episode to cover five books out of 20-30 plus series, its just not enough, and they might as well not even bother adapting them.

This has and will always be anime's biggest problem, its too dependent sales, and most series are just to long to be given a chance to shine. And some are just bad.
K-Anime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Great, finally there's update for this series. The of the Light Novel is illustrated by Nekosuke Ookuma who also illustrating Shinmai Maou no Testament.
Production IMS is producing this & they produced Shinmai Maou no Testament. Coincidence or do they just like Nekosuke Ookuma Illustrations. And since it's going be produced by Production IMS, will this get a split cour/another season as well? The Light Novel has 9 volumes out at the moment, so there enough material for 20+ episodes. Shinmai Maou & the upcoming "Active Raid" have split cours, so maybe.

At first glance this series might seen similar to Infinite Stratos with the whole "powered armor mecha suits". I wonder about another upcoming anime Masou Gakuen HxH whether or not if it will air in the same season. Might be a repeat of Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. Similar shows airing at the same time.

Last edited by K-Anime on Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:45 pm Reply with quote
The male lead's VA not having any prior major leads is disappointing.

At least the girls are cute and have nice voices, and I'm a sucker for the genre anyways so I'll give it a watch.

Plus the anime will get farther than all of the translations thus far, so I can actually see what happens next! Emil better win the Hayato Bowl I swear to God
48 Rices

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Miyu Matsuki as Charlotte Dimandias

Now I wonder who's gonna reprise her role since she passed away... Crying or Very sad
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Is this a three HUNDRED film series ???
Dayblack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
This will be one of the bad adaptations of the season, I mean for the writer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1