• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Snow White with the Red Hair Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Seems like a promising cast, but I can't view it. Can anyone else tell me what it's like?
Raebo101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Brina Palencia as Shirayuki

...And you've already won me, FUNimation.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh lordy. I'm already seeing stars with this cast. Brina Palencia and Josh Grelle? Two of my favorite FUNimation voice actors? Awesome!!! Everybody else looks perfectly cast, too! I can't wait to watch both the dub and the second season! Very Happy
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I respect Brina Palencia's talent, but I am not sure she is the right choice for Shirayuki. I will watch an episode to see if I warm up to her voice.

But I am very glad to see a stellar cast. This shows to me that Funimation is taking this dub very seriously.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:21 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I respect Brina Palencia's talent, but I am not sure she is the right choice for Shirayuki. I will watch an episode to see if I warm up to her voice.

But I am very glad to see a stellar cast. This shows to me that Funimation is taking this dub very seriously.

After the "Prison School" sh*tstorm and how bad their "Danganronpa" dub was, let's hope so.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

After the "Prison School" sh*tstorm and how bad their "Danganronpa" dub was, let's hope so.

Yeah, well not everyone thought their Danganronpa dub was bad. *ahem*
Jedi Master Kirito

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:19 am Reply with quote
Sounds great. The choices are somewhat surprising, but I am sure that they will work out well.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:26 am Reply with quote
After what happened with the English versions of Free: Eternal Summer and Prison School, I'm hoping the English version of Snow White with the Red Hair will be a good one, particularly since I find the cast to be impressive.
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:57 am Reply with quote
I watched the three episodes, and I gotta say, I highly approve! It helps that Josh Grelle is one of my favorite Funi voice actors, but everyone is putting the effort in, it seems Smile Shirayuki sounds perfect as well!
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:48 am Reply with quote
Once I saw Brina Palencia as Shirayuki, I was sold. I was really hoping for a Brina and J Michael tatum combo, but when I think about it, Zen is only 19 so I guess Tatum wold sound a little to old. But I just watched the first episode and it sounds great so far. Also people in the comments saying "I hope Funimation takes this dub seriously after that Prison School dub", what was wrong with the Prison School dub? I thought the voice actors did a great job portraying their characters. Other than that stupid unnecessary Gamer Gate joke, it was a solid dub to me.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
...what was wrong with the Prison School dub? I thought the voice actors did a great job portraying their characters. Other than that stupid unnecessary Gamer Gate joke, it was a solid dub to me.

That was what induced consternation among many people that found it out: a political joke in an apolitical show.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
AnimeFlyz wrote:
...what was wrong with the Prison School dub? I thought the voice actors did a great job portraying their characters. Other than that stupid unnecessary Gamer Gate joke, it was a solid dub to me.

That was what induced consternation among many people that found it out: a political joke in an apolitical show.

I'd barely call Gamergate political. It was just a glorified Tumblr flamewar that got media attention.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:

How many of those people actually played the original game?
momopeach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
Raebo101 wrote:

How many of those people actually played the original game?

Does it matter? I mean as far as acting goes, dubs are pretty much their own entity.

Speaking of which, I'm really loving the Shirayukihime dub. Brina Palencia is fantastic. I like how she has a somewhat deeper voice.
zensunni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Quote:
Brina Palencia as Shirayuki

...And you've already won me, FUNimation.

I was watching the first one and thought to myself, "That's Brina, isn't it? AWESOME!"

Nice to hear my favorite voice actress voicing one of my favorite characters! Win-win! Josh does a great job as Zen as well. He hit just the right balance between sarcastic and sweet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1