• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Feb 12-18

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Prince of Stride will manage to be worse than last week's Naruto. I don't watch the latter to compare, but episode 7 of Stride was possibly the worst episode I've watched the whole season.
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Nice again to see Gintama and ERASED doing up there as well as KonoSuba's rise up from it's very low start, probably because now it's established itself as a comedy instead of the harem expected from most people when first reading the plot and going into the series Anime smile + sweatdrop

killjoy_the wrote:
I wonder if Prince of Stride will manage to be worse than last week's Naruto. I don't watch the latter to compare, but episode 7 of Stride was possibly the worst episode I've watched the whole season.

Lol, it would be hard to beat (or lose to?) Naruto Shippuuden and steal that bottom rank but yeah this week episode was seriously bad even when comparing it to the series' other episodes, anyway if they don't basically change the storyline completely I'm sure it will get to that point before the series finishes.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I could get very upset and lament that Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū seems to be dropping in the rankings every week, but it makes sense that not that many people are excited about watching an adult drama.

I only hope that someone licenses Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū for physical distribution. If it ends in a high note, my love for Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū will grow even more, and I will want to collect it. Subbed only BD's is enough for me.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:25 pm Reply with quote
It's okay about Naruto not being in the chart this week, we all know where it belongs anyways.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:42 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I could get very upset and lament that Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū seems to be dropping in the rankings every week, but it makes sense that not that many people are excited about watching an adult drama.

I only hope that someone licenses Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū for physical distribution. If it ends in a high note, my love for Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū will grow even more, and I will want to collect it. Subbed only BD's is enough for me.

Me too. It's so rare we get anything this 'grown up' in the world of anime, so it needs all the acclaim it can get. I hope someone does get it for BD release, and I'd love someone to license the manga, too.
jiecut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:10 am Reply with quote
KonoSuba is rising up the ranks after it's consistent top placement.
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:34 am Reply with quote
Woo, Phantom World! Rising up the ranks! Please don't get suddenly horrible now. Not while you're doing better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1