• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: My Hero Academia GN 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I actually enjoyed this set of chapters a bit more than volume 2. Yes the momentum isn't quite up to snuff but with volume 2's energy (at least in the first half) coming from a rivalry/conflict I found mostly groan-worthy until the way it ended, this was a much more enjoyable read, at least for me. That said I can relate to the conclusion of the villains raid arc being underwhelming but not so much of how it ended but more because, yes, All Might's match up didn't make for a very engaging sequence. I hope he gets put against someone that'd make for a more interesting battle later down the road before he kicks the bucket (Come on we all know it's going to happen.) I can enjoy a good power showcase/struggle but the combatants need to be right for it.

As for the rest of the review it more or less encapsulates what I feel makes the manga enjoyable.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Tomura's design continues to walk that fine line between terrifying and silly. The manga's art style suits his character particularly well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1