• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Over 1,000 Line Up for KanColle Arcade Location Test in Osaka

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:43 pm Reply with quote
and they say the arcade is dead.......
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
and they say the arcade is dead.......

It's only lively due the game being in the Kancolle franchise. Arcades are in a sharp decline in Japan.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Isn't even mighty Pachinko in decline?

Luckily in my town here we got a new arcade a year or two back. I hope it does enough business. Even if I want to support it, even I can't be bothered to get out there that often.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about them but I would not stand in a long line with over 1000 people to test out an arcade game. However, it does sound like an interesting game, i never played KantokuCollection before. I hope they got their money's worth.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:15 pm Reply with quote
It is an issue of a disproportionate fandom size to the release of a new entertainment project.

It would be little different than say a new Kancolle movie were to come out BUT it would be shown in a handful of theatres, the result would be overly long lines.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:11 am Reply with quote
The arcades in Okinawa are pretty hit or miss these days. Pretty much arcades as far I've seen only exist in the southern part of Oki these days according to maps for games I'm interested in at least. These are the more popular ones too I should note. I had a friend who was in Tokyo for vacation recently tell me that Gundam UC Card Builder had a good line for playing it in Akiba and Ikebukuro. I think it really varies on games and the general saturation of games in them will make it seem hit or miss. I was going to check out the arcade that got EXVS MB On today since the cabinets dropped on the 9th, but I got lazy. More to report this weekend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1