• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hatsune Miku to Appear in "Senbonzakura"-Themed Kabuki at Nico Nico Chōkaigi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:48 am Reply with quote
Wait, how does this work? Is it going to be one of those holographic performances, only this time mixed with human actors?

Also, Miku's ponytails have never been so short.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Also, how does it work, seeing that Senbonzakura's lyrics aren't about Edo/kabuki-era cherry trees, but about about pre-WWII militarism?
Is this some bit of "Now and then" politically-satirical anachronistic mashup for the Abe era?

leafy sea dragon wrote:
Wait, how does this work? Is it going to be one of those holographic performances, only this time mixed with human actors?

Yes, that was what they were trying to show off at the David Letterman appearance, and the NY expo it was promoting:
Instead of the elaborately mocapped dances from her concerts and videos, they want to show off new software that will let programmers "play" certain sets of moves live off the keyboard, and choreograph her dances in real time against a live performer on stage.

Quote:
Also, Miku's ponytails have never been so short.

Yeah, even for the more "plastic" arcade/figure look of Miku compared to the Diva games, those ponytails are just wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1