• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Latest Unreal Engine Fan Project is Castlevania

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:06 pm Reply with quote
As much as I hope otherwise... ...bets on when Konami will shut this down?
Retrodragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
As much as I hope otherwise... ...bets on when Konami will shut this down?

Now that they published a video on it, they'll go silent for a couple weeks and then announce they're canceling it for "undisclosed reasons"
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:25 am Reply with quote
Oh god that looks horrible, why not 2D, instead of this 2.5D.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:36 pm Reply with quote
They put in so much work on these things only to get them shut down. Why not build a spiritual successor? Everyone will know what you're going for and you won't get shut down.

Making a free HD remake in a day and age where companies make and sell HD remakes isn't going to go over well. There's a line in copyright law about how creating a replacement product is pretty much never going to be considered fair use. How on Earth do they figure that doesn't apply to what they're doing?
consignia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quote
They're not built to be finished. They are just proof of concepts, which the creators will never have the time to complete. It's convenient that they can use the excuse that are being taken down by the IP holders. They get the publicity for their portfolio work, and they don't ever have to release it to the public. Look how most of them are only trailers for the first couple of areas.
nhat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
They put in so much work on these things only to get them shut down. Why not build a spiritual successor? Everyone will know what you're going for and you won't get shut down.

Making a free HD remake in a day and age where companies make and sell HD remakes isn't going to go over well. There's a line in copyright law about how creating a replacement product is pretty much never going to be considered fair use. How on Earth do they figure that doesn't apply to what they're doing?

The issue if it's publicized too much then yea konami is going to catch wind of this. There's no point of trying to advertise it too much, I hope people keep it on the low down
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1