• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Mars Film's 1st Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anifani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Mars was the first manga I ever read and remains my favorite. Always wondered why they never made an anime series based on it?

Film looks good! Cool
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Mars is one of my fav mangas and I can assure you nothing that they make can top that melodramatic masterpiece.

As usual, the acting for Japanese live action leaves much to be desired but I still too wondered how it took them so long to make anything from the source material.
Wiesteria

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:08 am Reply with quote
The Mars manga is amazing. The Mars TW drama is wonderful. However, the Mars JP drama is cringeworthy and disappointing. I dropped it after episode 5 and rewatched the TW drama instead. The first 10 min of the TW version has more depth in it than all of the JP episodes I watched combined, which is so freaking sad. Sad

Needless to say, I have very low expectations for the JP movie. I'll still watch it. Hopefully it will surprise me.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:50 am Reply with quote
Ugh, I can't get over that Rei just looks so much like Light here. They could have at least given him a long wig or something...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1