• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Sunshine!! TV Anime's New Promo Video, 2 TV Ads Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:00 am Reply with quote
Wow, this looks good, more than I had expected. Loved the way they introduced some of the girls too and poses. I hope they get some good songs for this but I'm hyped now. Just few weeks to go!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
I am super hyped for Love Live now! LOVE LIVE WILLS IT!

CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:10 am Reply with quote
Bring on the summer of Sunshine!!

The main thing that impressed me was the animation. It seems much nicer than the original? & they have some really pretty scenery & locations which also makes it look good. Can't wait for it to start! Less than 3 weeks now...
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:59 am Reply with quote
More Love Live is great and all but on top of that I really dig seaside settings. Lagrange, Tari Tari, shows like that. Also it seems like they're gonna go full on broken Japanese with Mari unlike Eli. Similar to Mei's Chinese accent in Metal Gear Solid, I don't think giving Eli a Russian accent in the dub would have been appropriate given that she grew up in Japan and speaks fluent Japanese. But I think if NISA ever dub Sunshine they're probably gonna have to go with an Italian accent.

I couldn't help but fear the worst when the announcement was made but it looks like there's actually quite a bit to differentiate it from the original series. Next season looks amazing but this is without a doubt the one show I'm looking forward to above all else. Can't wait!
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:32 am Reply with quote
The Promo video for the new Love Live! sure was a lot of fun to watch and I for one can't wait for the premiere. Very Happy
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:07 am Reply with quote
Very awesome PV! Smile I'm sure Love Live Sunshine will be a wonderfully fun ride through the summer.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
Cant wait to watch this mite have all ready found the goddess
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I have my doubts about little miss chuuni, but it's definitely looking like it's worth a watch.
SpookyPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:45 pm Reply with quote
The series is looking great, I'm happy to see other people are also looking forward to it.

Polycell wrote:
I have my doubts about little miss chuuni, but it's definitely looking like it's worth a watch.

Assuming you're talking about chuunibyou I understand not being a fan of those types of characters, I personally get extreme secondhand embarrassment from most characters with chuunibyou. Lately tho I've personally loved Megumin from KonoSuba, and Lala from Monster Musume, so I have hopes I'll like the chuunibyou character in this as well. Plus for me at least I think Love Live so far has done a great job making me like the whole cast of characters in some way, so we'll see how the new series goes.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited for this, but I cannot say I feel hopeful over Mari or Yoshiko, mainly for their speech styles. I mean, Mari is obvious since her pretend broken Japanese sounds extremely awkward (foreigners don't sound like that), but Yoshiko's speech style is so anime-like that this realistic setting and thematic matter don't seem fitting for her character.
Though the reference to Kyuubey's famous line was funny.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:31 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
I'm excited for this, but I cannot say I feel hopeful over Mari or Yoshiko, mainly for their speech styles. I mean, Mari is obvious since her pretend broken Japanese sounds extremely awkward (foreigners don't sound like that), but Yoshiko's speech style is so anime-like that this realistic setting and thematic matter don't seem fitting for her character.

Yohane/Yoshiko doesn't normally sound like that. If you listen to the drama parts from the singles, her usual voice & speaking style is very different. Similarly, Mari doesn't normally talk like that in the drama parts so I assume that's just how she's going to speak at the very start as she comes back to Japan.
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:29 am Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
Juno016 wrote:

Yohane/Yoshiko doesn't normally sound like that. If you listen to the drama parts from the singles, her usual voice & speaking style is very different. Similarly, Mari doesn't normally talk like that in the drama parts so I assume that's just how she's going to speak at the very start as she comes back to Japan.

I'm waiting on the anime before I decide to get into the singles, though I have at least seen the first PV from the first single. I hope you're right. If I like the anime, I'll probably grab a few CDs, like I did with the previous Love Live! series. Though I most certainly didn't collect all of them... *sigh* Too many.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1