• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: First Love Monster Anime's Promo Video Previews Shouta Aoi's Song, Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msvitch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Not gonna lie, this looks pretty interesting even for a dude like me.
will definitely be checkin out.
so a girl fell in love with a 5th grader who looks like an older pretty boy..........
would that make her a shotacon??? Anime hyper LOL
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
msvitch wrote:
so a girl fell in love with a 5th grader who looks like an older pretty boy..........

It makes her a delusional idiot. Confused
dany_elle1908

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Okay, this kinda makes me cringe. The girl voice I do not like but as well the age gap, even if he looks old he is a KID!! I must say lol maybe I'll watch for the fun of it the first episode but I doubt I'll go further.
msvitch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
msvitch wrote:

It makes her a delusional idiot. Confused

maybe she went wtf when she find out that the dude that saved her was actually younger
Sobe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap. HOLY FREAKING LOL!!! GINTAMA IS BACK AHAHAHAH! I LOVE HIS VOICE IN HUMOR! He is absolutely using his Gintama skills to one of the fullest and the promo has me even MORE excited for the comedy, LOL!!! Oh goodness, I can't wait for "summer" anime even though I absolutely hate the heat.

The main character's stockings remind me of Inu x Boku SS. I'd have to say I am only here (as far as this specific anime) for the bishounen, ikemen, and comedy but I love the fashion the girls wear in these kinds of shows. Ironically the seinen and shounen manga/anime (non-fan service obviously) usually have the best fashion as far as what the females wear. So odd compared to Sailor Moon and what not.

Which is why this is such a nice change of pace since it's a shoujo manga/anime rather than seinen or shounen.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
The animation seems decent, but I'm still not impressed!
junijuni23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:57 pm Reply with quote
kinda creepy concept but I see Sakurai Takahiro's name so sign me up.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
Weird. Even weirder, it was licensed by Funimation so...

"Yeah, all the men with backpacks are actually 11 years old? I want it, can't have enough of that!"

It's always nice to hear more Yui Horie and Tomokazu Sugita and this is obviously... maybe obviously... a gag manga...

Quote:
Though Kaho and Kanade break up due to Kanade's own immaturity, the fifth grader soon realizes just how precious Kaho is to him. Which leads to the completely mature actions of chasing her home, serenading her with piano-accompanied love songs, and even making an emergency marriage proposal?! Surely the age gap between the two means marriage is impossible--but Kaho and Kanade tentatively exchange vows! Meanwhile, it seems like a new threat is waiting to test the young couple's relationship--and that busty high school girl and devilish college student are at the center of it!

Huh. Or "Qwhee"? "Uhhh"? "Ahhh". Wait... Aaaaaeeiiiooouuhhh- huh. Wait, whut?

I was fine with The World is Still Beautiful because that series never lost focus on what the main issue was- compatibility actually, not maturity as the boy was more mature than the girl was- but making this boy look like a hot guy is ridiculous.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quote
This is is gonna be hilariously good, I've enough of those typical cliche shoujo romance and specially those Hentai-harem ecchi craps like I desperately need a fresh story that breaks all those cliches
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1