• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tite Kubo's Bleach Manga Nears Ending

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
It would be pretty funny if it ends on 700 like Naruto did.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:34 am Reply with quote
About time. The latest chapters imo has not been impressive and seems to be on the way to a conclusion. Wonder if they plan to ever adapt the rest of it someday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Akamaru_Inu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
I bet it'll still be 'nearing the conclusion' a year from now.

It'll be surreal when it's finished though, I used to love it as a kid until I realized it was... not good.
Calculus20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:40 am Reply with quote
At long last. Now all that's left is One Piece. Which will never end.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:40 am Reply with quote
Yeah and so is Nisekoi and I bet neither will end this year Anime hyper
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:43 am Reply with quote
And just a couple days ago, I was checking to see what chapter number Bleach was on, and thought it might pass Naruto by the end of the year if it did not have a break. Well, we'll see.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:50 am Reply with quote
I've been saying Bleach will end this year for months. It's the 15th anniversary and 15 is an important number in Bleach (Ichigo's name, Ichigo's birthday and his age at the start of the series, Kubo loves making word plays with it). I don't think the story will wrap up before August, but i certainly expect it to be over by December (maybe they'll reach 700 chapters like Naruto?) It's sad that we're in July already and WSJ is STILL not giving Bleach any color pages or special promotions for the 15th anniversary. Even Nisekoi got a color page recently, even though it ranks around the same bottom 5 and sells half as much as Bleach does. WSJ's thankless attitudes to one of its flagship franchises never ceases to frustrate me.
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:50 am Reply with quote
Anyone that actually reads the manga knows there's a good deal left to cover. This is nothing more than a way to create hype because of the recent events, hence why Kubo purposely covered the number of chapters remaining.

Unless Jump is rushing Kubo which would make no sense.
Koda89

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:54 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
About time. The latest chapters imo has not been impressive and seems to be on the way to a conclusion. Wonder if they plan to ever adapt the rest of it someday.

Honestly the only thing in this back half of the arc that has genuinely entertained me has been the fight against Askin Nakk Le Varr. That was a fun fight. Reminded me a bit of the fights from when Bleach was good.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:56 am Reply with quote
BlueBeast33 wrote:
Anyone that actually reads the manga knows there's a good deal left to cover. This is nothing more than a way to create hype because of the recent events, hence why Kubo purposely covered the number of chapters remaining.

They've allowed him to draw at extra sluggish pace for the last four years, I doubt they'll be rushing him to end it. Even if it's unpopular in the magazine, it's still one of Shueisha's top sellers, and with KuroBas and AssClass ended and Gintama and Nisekoi approaching their ends -and Toriko risking cancellation-, WSJ is left with almost no long-running hits. Apart from those series, I think only Haikyuu and One Piece have been going for more than two years. So yeah, as far as "series WSJ might want to wrap up soon", Bleach should be way below Nisekoi and Toriko with their notably inferior volume sales. I certainly think we still have around 20 chapters to go.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:56 am Reply with quote
Well, that's nice. Someone let me know what happens with Uryu Ishida and if Ichigo's sister Karin even gets super special powers of her own. Maybe I'll check out the last chapter or two. I don't see Kubo doing the "ten years later," epilogue route Kishimoto did, but I'd be more willing to read that than some final battle I won't understand because I haven't really followed the manga since...the "final arc" started or so. That was around 4 years ago...If the "final arc" were college, Bleach is now entering grad school!
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:58 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Well, that's nice. Someone let me know what happens with Uryu Ishida and if Ichigo's sister Karin even gets super special powers of her own. Maybe I'll check out the last chapter or two. I don't see Kubo doing the "ten years later," epilogue route Kishimoto did, but I'd be more willing to read that than some final battle I won't understand because I haven't really followed the manga since...the "final arc" started or so. That was around 4 years ago...If the "final arc" were college, Bleach is now entering grad school!

Uryuu spoiler[just recently revealed he may have the power that'll be the key to defeat the last boss]

Karin spoiler[never really developed her powers and it doesn't look like she'll make a last minute appearance]
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
BlueBeast33 wrote:

They've allowed him to draw at extra sluggish pace for the last four years, I doubt they'll be rushing him to end it. Even if it's unpopular in the magazine, it's still one of Shueisha's top sellers, and with KuroBas and AssClass ended and Gintama and Nisekoi approaching their ends -and Toriko risking cancellation-, WSJ is left with almost no long-running hits. Apart from those series, I think only Haikyuu and One Piece have been going for more than two years. So yeah, as far as "series WSJ might want to wrap up soon", Bleach should be way below Nisekoi and Toriko with their notably inferior volume sales. I certainly think we still have around 20 chapters to go.

Some people seem to think that because Naruto ended at 700 Bleach will do the same, but that's just impossible without him being rushed. Just off the top of my head we still need to see spoiler[Flashback to 1000 years ago, Aizen actually doing something, the Fullbringers and their role, Isshin and Ryuuken and how they'll fit into this now that they've showed up, Bankai's such as Shinji's, Love's, Isshin's, and other Royal Guard members, more insight into Haschwalth's character plus more focus on Uryu who's power has been foreshadowed since the start of this arc.] I could go on but I'll stop there. So personally I think 100 chapters is more believable. Even if a couple of those things don't happen, we know how Kubo's pacing is. So unless Jump rushes him(which would forever make me despise Jump) I can't see it ending this year/early next year whatsoever.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:11 am Reply with quote
Played this card way to early,you just took every last drop of tension out of all the current events that have been going on in the manga imo(well at least you didn't pull a naruto and let us know how many chapters are gonna be left until it ends).
Videogamep

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:12 am Reply with quote
I'm not holding my breath. Bleach has been ending soon for years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6