• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sun & Moon Games Introduce New Pokémon, New Forms for Old Pokémon in Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm blown away by all the new exciting stuff within Sun and Moon's latest trailer. I find the new variations of Vulpix, Ninetales, Sandshrew, Sandslash, and Exeggutor to be a welcoming change. Smile Oricorio's Ability Dancer can be very useful in Double/Triple Battles if it allows it to be used towards an ally Pokémon that used a dancing move.
lLuffyl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:49 pm Reply with quote
This game gets even more hype with every trailer.

I love these new forms. I think this should be a new direction and I would love it. An Ice form for Vulpix?! I'm so ready! It's so cool. The same pokemon, just from a different environment so its abilities are different. This is amazing. I'M READY!!!!!!!!!
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, that's a lot of new info to take in. o.o They are really going all-out!

The new Vulpix and Ninetails forms are just too beautiful, though. I'm in love!
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Why is Gumshoos modeled after Donald Trump? Is he going to build a wall around Johto and make it great again Laughing
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
Why is Gumshoos modeled after Donald Trump? Is he going to build a wall around Johto and make it great again Laughing

Oh my GOD! Laughing

This game has got me so hyped!
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote
So it appears that the Alola Region is very much like the Orange Islands of the anime, I was just discussing this with my boyfriend and it appears there's no gyms this time unless they are just not yet announced. These challenges are more reminiscent of the gyms from the Orange Islands, and the alternative forms of the Pokémon could also tie into the differences Prof. Ivy mentioned way back then too (although I believe that was supposed to explain Shinys).
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I like the JoJo posing before an attack.
SailorTralfamadore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:01 pm Reply with quote
There sure are a lot of Ice-types for a region that's supposed to be based on Hawaii...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:18 pm Reply with quote
There was much fangirling in my neck of the woods today as I saw that Charizard was indeed rideable in this game.

Love the new Vulpix and the new multi-typed bird Pokémon they introduced. No gym leaders feels odd to me. Not quite sure if like the whole Z-power thing though. Just feels like some cheap OHKO.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:28 pm Reply with quote
OMGGGG that Ice/Fairy Ninetales. <3333 I'm going to die. It's so perfect. I never knew I needed one in my life, but now I most certainly do. It's so gorgeous, so majestic. Although ice is my favorite element, I've only ever found a couple of Ice types to be likable in Pokemon. This one is amazing.

SailorTralfamadore wrote:
There sure are a lot of Ice-types for a region that's supposed to be based on Hawaii...

And there sure was a lot of desert in a region that was supposed to be base off of New York City. Don't take it that seriously. I'm glad to see snow/ice areas. Prior to Generation IV, we had none.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Really enjoying the new Alola forms! As for original Pokemon Lurantis is definitely "that Pokemon" that speaks to me, but he's the only one for now.

Quote:
Lurantis draws opponents near to itself with its flowerlike appearance and aroma—and then it takes them down. It’s said to be the most gorgeous of all Grass-type Pokemon, due to its brilliant coloration and elegant moves. Lurantis’s appearance is maintained through detailed grooming. It will trust a Trainer who does a good job of caring for it, but it will apparently have a difficult time growing closer to a lazy Trainer.

How can you not love it!? It's perfection to us loyal Grass-type lovers Smile Also I thought shortly after X and Y's release Sugimori said the designs would get simpler. I feel sorry for the plush makers who will have to integrate the complex designs of the new Pokemon into soft toy form, but I'm super hyped not only for the game but for the onrush of new merchandise as always!
Levitz9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:39 pm Reply with quote
GracieLizzy wrote:
So it appears that the Alola Region is very much like the Orange Islands of the anime, I was just discussing this with my boyfriend and it appears there's no gyms this time unless they are just not yet announced. These challenges are more reminiscent of the gyms from the Orange Islands, and the alternative forms of the Pokémon could also tie into the differences Prof. Ivy mentioned way back then too (although I believe that was supposed to explain Shinys).

The trailer on Youtube confirms it: there are no gyms! There are "trials" instead, where trainers have to go through some sort of quest that ends with a fight against a "Totem" Pokémon (which looks like a glorified double-battle against a souped-up wild Pokémon). Gym Leaders are replaced with the Kahunas; basically, each of the four islands has one "leader" of sorts that needs to be fought.

It looks to be far more involving and much less bureaucratic than other regions. And people say Pokémon doesn't innovate! Laughing
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I find the new variations of Vulpix, Ninetales, Sandshrew, Sandslash, and Exeggutor to be a welcoming change.

Our favourite social media platforms have been enjoying a field day with the perversely elongated Exeggutor design! A fine example of how one can enjoy video games without ever having to play them these days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wii800

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:06 pm Reply with quote
wow this is such a shake up to the pokemon formula now we or getting an orange island theme game Shocked. for a fact im getting that new nine tails i finally can get a fairy that i like
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote
So basically they've put Delta pokemon in the official game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2