Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hunter x Hunter's Togashi Draws His Birth City's Magazine Cover


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lelouch Vi



Joined: 05 Jun 2014
Posts: 126
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Draws cover but HxH is still on hiatus, ok then
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nekelen Tinsley



Joined: 07 Feb 2016
Posts: 337
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Well i guess its good to see him drawing again.

Lelouch Vi wrote:
Draws cover but HxH is still on hiatus, ok then

Its kinda funny to me Anime hyper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nonaka Machine Gun B



Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 718
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Lelouch Vi wrote:
Draws cover but HxH is still on hiatus, ok then


A weekly comic series, drawn every week, 20 pages weekly.
A cover that was probably discussed and planned weeks/months beforehand. One page. It's a spread, so maybe two. It's kind of elaborate and in color, but two pages.

These are the same thing, of course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TokyoSplash



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I could take the high road but that path is always the most boring ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hey HxH fans, soak it up, this is the last time HxH related scheme you'll be seeing for a while ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hey HxH fans, here's some salt for that wound ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hey HxH fans, etc etc..

Is it worth it anymore? Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nakurawari



Joined: 30 Dec 2013
Posts: 265
Location: Ireland
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Lelouch Vi wrote:
Draws cover but HxH is still on hiatus, ok then


Yeah because this and drawing a manga chapter every week are the same thing... right...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KH91



Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 6176
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:52 pm Reply with quote
So the next chapter finally came out. Looks good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnnysasaki



Joined: 01 Jun 2014
Posts: 620
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quote
damn it,I thought I would be faster in making a joke that he could be drawing his manga instead of this before anyone else....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dextres



Joined: 04 Oct 2015
Posts: 227
Location: Decatur, GA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Well that's nice of him. And with that I take my leave.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lelouch Vi



Joined: 05 Jun 2014
Posts: 126
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Lelouch Vi wrote:
Draws cover but HxH is still on hiatus, ok then


A weekly comic series, drawn every week, 20 pages weekly.
A cover that was probably discussed and planned weeks/months beforehand. One page. It's a spread, so maybe two. It's kind of elaborate and in color, but two pages.

These are the same thing, of course.


It's the principle of the situation, it's like pouring salt into an open wound of HXH fans, I don't see how people are still invested in this series after being treated like this. Glad I'm not that invested in it., in fact if I had been invested in it after realizing that HXH has been on hiatus for a rough estimate of 7 years, I'd have been dropped it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDude042



Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Posts: 261
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Me: Hey Togashi, still waitin on that next Hunter x Hunter chapter.

Togashi:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bleachj0j



Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 804
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Lelouch Vi wrote:
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Lelouch Vi wrote:
Draws cover but HxH is still on hiatus, ok then


A weekly comic series, drawn every week, 20 pages weekly.
A cover that was probably discussed and planned weeks/months beforehand. One page. It's a spread, so maybe two. It's kind of elaborate and in color, but two pages.

These are the same thing, of course.


It's the principle of the situation, it's like pouring salt into an open wound of HXH fans, I don't see how people are still invested in this series after being treated like this. Glad I'm not that invested in it., in fact if I had been invested in it after realizing that HXH has been on hiatus for a rough estimate of 7 years, I'd have been dropped it.


Treated like what? What principle are talking about?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valhern



Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Posts: 916
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me of that spread in which Netero and Meruem are drawn like in a traditional painting. Not quite as detailed as that, but a style I like him using.

Lelouch Vi wrote:
It's the principle of the situation, it's like pouring salt into an open wound of HXH fans, I don't see how people are still invested in this series after being treated like this. Glad I'm not that invested in it., in fact if I had been invested in it after realizing that HXH has been on hiatus for a rough estimate of 7 years, I'd have been dropped it.


That's a weird generalization. You would think that, if you were still invested in the series, you would feel mistreated. I for one hand I don't feel mistreated at all, it's not that I'm happy about hiatuses per se, but they don't bring down my enjoyment every time a new chapter comes out, and even when chapters aren't coming out, I just go back to waiting, and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saku-dono



Joined: 14 Feb 2014
Posts: 785
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Optimistic fans equals gullible fanpeeps. No way Togashi will come back unless he gets bored playing DQ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TrueZangetsu



Joined: 15 Apr 2016
Posts: 191
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
TokyoSplash wrote:
I could take the high road but that path is always the most boring ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hey HxH fans, soak it up, this is the last time HxH related scheme you'll be seeing for a while ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hey HxH fans, here's some salt for that wound ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hey HxH fans, etc etc..

Is it worth it anymore? Sad


WHAT togashi puts out is considered mostly gold so yes, every little something is instantly worth it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KilluaX3



Joined: 06 Jan 2015
Posts: 132
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:12 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Optimistic fans equals gullible fanpeeps. No way Togashi will come back unless he gets bored playing DQ.


Someone still uses that joke?

lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group