• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sun & Moon Gets TV Anime Series Premiering in November

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:14 am Reply with quote
And so Pokemon falls vicitim to the anime high school craze (well "high school" being in a manner of speaking since I'm sure Ash will still magically be 10...somehow). I wonder if they'll complete the joke by giving him his own harem? Laughing

Joking aside, I'm glad they're changing the formula somehow and especially after how the Kalos league went. Surely the writers aren't sadistic enough to let him fail at something as simple as this right...right?!
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:34 am Reply with quote
For years I had been jokingly wondering about the education system in the Pokemon world once they turn 10. Now the 2 decade mystery will be answered in Alola. Can't wait for Satoshi to meet Prof. Okido Black.
randy1925

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:37 am Reply with quote
So it's finally time to say goodbye to the best female lead ever in Pokemon? RIP Serena best waifu, even though ur 10
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:17 am Reply with quote
It's official: the Pokemon anime has run out of ideas. RIP Gym battles. Maybe now that he's going to school, Satoshi will learn to be less of a shitty trainer.

Divineking wrote:
Surely the writers aren't sadistic enough to let him fail at something as simple as this right...right?!

Hahahahahahahaha he's gonna fail all right! Laughing This is Satoshi we're talking about, whose Pokemon get beat by a new Trainer's STARTER, who gets confused as to why his Pikachu's attacks don't work against Ground types, AND who lost the Kalos League to a spinoff character even though he had an obvious type advantage!

Last edited by TsukasaElkKite on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Francesco Vitiello

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:22 am Reply with quote
Usually i don't watch the anime with Ash(I like more Pokèmon Origins,with Red) but I definitely have to watch this season.
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:50 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
It's official: the Pokemon anime has run out of ideas. RIP Gym battles.

Well, in their defense, the upcoming Generation of Pokemon will reportedly not have traditional Gyms, so they had to do something lol
Dextres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:05 am Reply with quote
EHHHHHHH, Ash going to school muhahahahahahahah

I'll give the season a watch in the end of 2017 to how that fares for him.
valoon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:07 am Reply with quote
Well I hope in the next Pokémon Generation there will be Gyms again and he will become a master finally.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:09 am Reply with quote
And now, for something completely different.

The upcoming Sun and Moon saga where Ash is apparently setting off to school and history is not likely to repeat itself.
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:15 am Reply with quote
While I'll definitely pick up the new games I feel as though it definitely will not be the best one based on what's been reported. Therefore, for the first time, I just want a Gen to be over and done with and go over to the next one. Also, I'm not a fan of the tropical setting. Besides completing the game and gathering event Pokemon, I think I'll still be spending more game time on X and Y during this Gen.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:22 am Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/serebiinet/status/775265140757278724

Oh my God if this is his new character design I am definitely NOT gonna watch. It's UGLY AS SIN.[/img]
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
randy1925 wrote:
So it's finally time to say goodbye to the best female lead ever in Pokemon? RIP Serena best waifu, even though ur 10

Serena is old and busted. We're getting new hotness with Mao and Lillie. A school setting leads to more harem hijinks. Though this new series is clearly ripping off Yokai Watch with the Rotom iPad and school setting, plus his new bracelet.
Dextres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Oh my God if this is his new character design I am definitely NOT gonna watch. It's UGLY AS SIN.[/img]

Meh, I'll get use to it anyway. I mean I HAD to get used Sinnoh & Best wishes outfits for Ash eventually anyway.

Though Ash going to school has me tripping. You can't get it from the books, you have to live and experience it outside of it.
JDude042

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:31 am Reply with quote
So Ash... how long have you spent as a Pokemon trainer, trying to become the very best and catch them all?

Ash: About 20 years now...

What?! That's a long time! But aren't you only 10 years old?

Ash: Goddammit... Mad

Which is funny because I recently saw the Family Guy/Simpsons crossover episode, and Stewie asked Bart how long has Nelson been bullying him for, and Bart responds, "About 25 years."
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The announcement also reveals that Ash will go to school in the series, and the series will follow his school activities as he aims to graduate.

RIP Pokemon. I think it's time for me to stop watching the series. Something I should have done sooner.

TsukasaElkKite wrote:

They made him look even more young.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5