• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Taboo Tattoo Manga to End With 13th Volume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HueyLion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:08 pm Reply with quote
And only a good few people actually give a crap about this news...

Like Im even going to ever be able to read it while translations r slow at chapter 39...
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I really hope the manga is at least 5 times better than the anime was. It definitely didn't make me want to read the manga
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Well the anime was a huge dissapointment, even the animation for J.C Staff standards was really bad at times i guess they really had a low budget for it and the studio also had 3 anime that they were doin this summer guess all that took its tool in the end.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:38 pm Reply with quote
This is wonderful news. No idea why J.C.Staff wasted their time on this since it's utterly ill-written. It doesn't even have anything going for it that would attract a big enough audience. Good riddance and I hope the author puts more effort into his storytelling instead of writing such a lazy plot.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Sad news, so many managa series ending this year. Hoping for a satisfying ending as a fitting finale.

HueyLion wrote:
Like Im even going to ever be able to read it while translations r slow at chapter 39...

Yen Press are releasing this series in English so just wait until all the volumes are out, plenty of other stuff to read in the mean time whilst you wait.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Given the proximity to the end of the TV show, one has to wonder if it affected on the manga series that it had to end Confused
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure James will be disappointed to hear that Smile
nubguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know what chapters the anime covers?
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Judging by the reactions in this thread I'm not missing anything by not reading the source version of the this sorry excuse for a series that I've had the misfortune of watching.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Good riddance. The show was terrible.
Dfens

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:33 pm Reply with quote
While the excitement of the Anime didn't last as I thought it would for me it was watchable, even though I did really like the manga.

If you hated the Anime then their is no point in reading the source material I doubt it would win you over.

The Anime was butchered just like Triage X was when it became a Anime, but no where near that level of disrespect. In the Manga for Taboo Tattoo the artwork and character designs where much better, but for TV they where dumbed down a bit for time and money constraints. Also like Triage X their where little scenes of comedy and lightharted-ness that where axed. Could they have saved the series with these additions not really but it wasn't a perfect adaption.

To answer the other posters question the Anime Covers up to Volume 7 which leaves enough source material for a second season which you kind of saw at the end of the last episode as a sort of preview.

As for the scanlations they are dead in the water I doubt anyone will continue to put it out. It's been almost 9 months since the last chapter was translated. I had to read the raws to keep up.

Yen Press is pretty far behind with Volume 4 coming out next month and a new Volume about every 3 months. So expect to finish it in about July 2018.
gedata

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:07 am Reply with quote
nubguy wrote:
Does anyone know what chapters the anime covers?
More than what's been translated, so you'd have to look at raws to see where the story goes from past the anime's ending.
KidOblivion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:31 pm Reply with quote
The anime wasn't adapted properly at all. I feel kinda bad for the mangaka.
Zimba

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:41 am Reply with quote
Finally
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1