• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Delays to Death Note Blu-ray and Digimon Adventure. tri

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCrimsonClaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
Why am I not surprised?

This is just their standard these days.
Vee-Tee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
TheCrimsonClaw wrote:
Why am I not surprised?

This is just their standard these days.

It's certainly happening a lot. I said something to the same effect in the When Marnie Was There Blu-Ray recall thread.

Australia and the other English-speaking regions don't get hit with the same delays and production problems that we do here in the UK. What gives? :/
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Yeah this has been happening a lot. I was kinda looking forward to Digimon tri :/

I just hope I can count on MVM to release the Berserk BD on the promised date.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Sigh.

Well, it can't be worse than waiting for Evangelion 3.33.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:05 am Reply with quote
At least our UK friends are getting a home video release of the 1st "Digimon Adventure. tri" film, which might include the dub, while the USA/Canada might not. I could at least settle for a dub stream.
Jaysgba

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:24 am Reply with quote
Jerome did outline why the delays occured on twiter.

Quote:

About the delay to #DigimonAdventureTri1 We have moved the date to a week after US DVD/BD release in March in order to get the English dub.

Re #DigimonTri I know some UK customers are pissed at us for the delay. I am sorry we have disappointed them. However! It will be worth the wait. Originally, we were only going to release with Japanese audio and subs. Then we heard about the new dub with original voice cast and we figured it was something you would all want on the UK edition. So1 That's why UK DVD/BD release of #DigimonAdventureTri1 is delayed

#DeathNote BD box set was delayed because we have had a lot of technical issues with some of the materials supplied to us. This is no slight on any one in particular, but #animedelays happen a lot because there is no uniform material delivery procedure from Japan

#animedelays Every company handles things differently. Often materials are only labelled in Japanese. English speaking production teams often have to become super-sleuths to decode and unravel what is sent. Often, materials are poor quality or below spec.

And because more anime than ever before is being licensed out we are experiencing more problems like this. TBH delays only affect a small fraction of #MangaUK and #Animatsu releases. It doesn't mean we like it, nor should you. I hope this helps ease some of the frustration some of our British customers feel towards our business on occassion. #animedelays #ultimateballache You are super customers and we love you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1